Fun with Anjra, and lots of bugs

Is there an easy way to found Angra as a Sidhe civ?
Yes, once Fallen, Sidhe can open the (Anti-)Theism branch (note: this looks like and is even called "Theism", but it is really a different branch that only mirrors the real Theism branch). Then take one policy in it to gain a Fallen Priest and then found Aŋra.

To become Fallen, research Maleficium and hope some civ's Devout makes the Prophecy of Va (which is likely to happen soon with current AI).

The other way is to Fall and have a Druid found Aŋra, but to get a Druid you have already opened Pantheism which locks you out of (Anti-)Theism branch.

Sidhe are locked out of real Theism but I left this as a sort of "backdoor" by which they could become followers of Ahriman.

does that mean that if you take pantheism and you fall... you are kind of blocked ?
cannot be a serious contender for armaggeddon victory, and neither for protector victory... ? while being targeted by civs pursuing protectors...

does that mean that if you take pantheism and you fall... you are kind of blocked ?
cannot be a serious contender for armaggeddon victory, and neither for protector victory... ? while being targeted by civs pursuing protectors...
As I understand the game, it's a bit different:
- If I research maleficium, I know I will fall sooner or later, and I won't go for the protector victory anyway. I can still go for the armageddon, if I keep researching the sorcery tech rows (and using the most powerful spells). Well, not yet because temples are necessary to burn mana until more powerful spells are added on, but it's going to be possible in future versions.
- If I don't research maleficium, I don't think I'm likely to fall: the prophecy of Va isn't going to target me, and my pantheistic religion (weave of Ea) should protect my cities against Anra becoming their dominant religion.
- If I fall, I still can try the One with Nature victory (if I want a score-based victory; my devouts are still druids and can use Ea's blessing, as well as learning thaumaturge spells), or the conquest victory (if I want to conquer the world).

Basically, I think that a fallen pantheistic civilization is only blocked from the protector victory, and has some interesting choices left.

Right now you need that branch for Fallen Priests and Eidolons to build the temples. It should be possible to pursue Armageddon without that branch by casting very high level arcane spells. But those spells aren't added yet.

Fallen Pantheistic civ with Lycanthropy will be an interesting (& brutal) way to go for One with Nature.

My goal is to get away from the idea that certain policy branches (or play styles) are necessarily paired with certain victory conditions. (Yes, Pantheism is necessary for One with Nature, but it could be used for other VCs.)

but At the moment, Anti-theism is necessary for destroyer victory.

Maybe open something so that fallen panteists can somehow get a few anti-theisme policies ... the ones needed to build temples ?

or that their druids can convert to fallen priests/druids and build mana- consumating buildings
??

After seeing those screenshots, i think in the future, we need more changes on the corrupted lands for each and every tile set to make it look unique, just like what Fall From heaven has.

After seeing those screenshots, i think in the future, we need more changes on the corrupted lands for each and every tile set to make it look unique, just like what Fall From heaven has.
We can have more blight graphics if someone is willing to make them. They are in the media pack as blight.fxsxml. If someone makes blight2.fxsxml, blight3.fxsxml, blight4.fxsxml, etc I'd be happy to add them. The variation could follow plot types but don't have to. They are "overlaid" on top of plot type graphic (not substituting for it) so variation can be conditional on anything we want.

Sort of related: we don't have graphics for blight+resource. So blight ends up erasing all resources graphically even though they are still there and can be seen in mouseover (and strategic view I think).

We can have more blight graphics if someone is willing to make them. They are in the media pack as blight.fxsxml. If someone makes blight2.fxsxml, blight3.fxsxml, blight4.fxsxml, etc I'd be happy to add them. The variation could follow plot types but don't have to. They are "overlaid" on top of plot type graphic (not substituting for it) so variation can be conditional on anything we want.

Sort of related: we don't have graphics for blight+resource. So blight ends up erasing all resources graphically even though they are still there and can be seen in mouseover (and strategic view I think).

Or we can make total new resources by conversion, for example if the blight hit the copper ore, it turns into veranium ore, exclusive to some demonic race or something. However if the blight is eliminated from the Veranium ore, it turns back to Copper ore...

Fall from Heaven did this in a way but on few resources... I think sheep and other cattle turn into toads. Horses might turn into fel horses, stuff like that.

Something I also liked in FFH that was in earlier versions (removed at some point iirc) was that hell terrain could have burnt forest. So if we had a "burnt forest blight" graphic, I could add that wherever blight overcomes forest or jungle.

Even if we had only one or a couple "blight resources" with graphics, I could use those to replace all resources. It's very easy for the mod code to remember what resource to restore when the plot is cleaned up. Maybe one blight resource could provide some meager and awful food. How about "Ahriman's Teats"? Yuck!

I can do graphic work but it is very difficult and time-consuming for me. It may happen eventually but it will be much sooner if someone takes an interest in making the graphic.

Top Bottom