Funny Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just like your Colossus (Warrior) standing in the middle... isn't it about time you upgraded him :)

Or is he a Giant fighting in the col.

some pretty funny stuff in here :)

that aqueduct thing is wierd though :p

maybe I'll put up a pic in here sometime.

I think the games likes me, going by the shape of that lake <3

Attachments

• aww.JPG
    aww.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 852
:lol: Haha! I don't have any phunny photos to show for. So im just gonna stand on the offsides and laugh

Hello all! First post here! I've been a disciple of Civilization for ... 14 years now? I first played Civ 1 on my Amiga 500, which would take a sob-inducing 8 minutes to generate a new game map. Ever since I discovered the the CivFanatics forums a couple of years ago I've wanted to troll them, but the forums are simply so vast that I felt overwhelmed. :scared:

Now to my point. I was thoroughly enjoying this thread, until I reached page 46, where the thread suddenly "cuts off", or "jumps". Page 45 (of 68) contains posts from January, 2006. Page 46 magically becomes page 34 (of 34), and contains posts from April 2006. Clicking on any of the pages after 45 also results in being teleported to the most recent page. What happened to all those other pages?

- Wubbo

Welcome to CFC, Wubbo.

As for your question, are you still having problems? By which method are you navigating between pages?

I just jumped to pages 45, 46, and 47 without difficulty.

scienide09 said:
As for your question, are you still having problems? By which method are you navigating between pages?

I just jumped to pages 45, 46, and 47 without difficulty.
How strange... It's a browser issue. Using Firefox - whether at work or at home - when I click on any page in this thread after 45 of 68, I get teleported to the last page, which claims to be page 34 of 34. Using Internet Explorer, clicking on any page after 45 brings up the correct page, out of 68. For some reason, the CivFanatics forum site is freaking out on the Firefox browser.

How unfortunate, considering that I do my best to avoid IE like the plague. :sad:

- Wubbo

Wubbo said:
How strange... It's a browser issue. Using Firefox - whether at work or at home - when I click on any page in this thread after 45 of 68, I get teleported to the last page, which claims to be page 34 of 34. Using Internet Explorer, clicking on any page after 45 brings up the correct page, out of 68. For some reason, the CivFanatics forum site is freaking out on the Firefox browser.

I use IE for looking at this thread, as Firefox doesn't show all the images properly, or sometimes at all. (BTW, anyone know a fix for this? PM me please.)

I just did a test using Firefox, my usual browser, and still no problems on my end. Strange. If the problem persists, perhaps one of the moderators or the FAQ can help you.

Sorry everyone :blush: Enough with the OT discussion. Bring on the funny pics! We've been starved of late.

rex_tyranus said:
Using firefox 1.5.02. No problems with this thread's pgs 48+ or with images.

that's odd. i've just updated firefox and started getting an error with flash content, where before it was ok. that's not a big deal to me, though. but, i've always thought that this site takes far too long to load up.

civn said:
or is it Docking in rear?

That is hilarious that the game chose to put the harbor on the one tile lake instead of the ocean. :lol:

Just a suggestion, but you might want to guard your capitol with something better than a warrior.

Just a suggestion, but you might want to guard your capitol with something better than a warrior.

Why? How do you know his capital isn't buffered by 19 tiles of his own culture in every direction? He could have 12 frigates just off-screen and 6 riflemen in each front-line city.

I often have a 6000 year old warrior or archer in my capital and the only reason he's there is to guard against the -1 undefended happiness modifier.

Troops belong only where they're needed.

hmm this is strnage
the cows have dissapred i wonder why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom