Fury Road LS Mod Mod

hmmm...

no I don't know why that is happening, although to be honest right now there isn't much point downloading this version, I had accidentally introduced some fairly major bugs, that I can't find the source of, so right now I am taking the whole mod back to scratch and trying to build it fresh again from the ground up, trying to implement things from all of the mistakes I have learned from.

However this will take some time, so I ask any fans to be patient and hopefully I can get to a point where I have a better stronger mod that everyone will be able to really enjoy!

Ok guys I may have just found my new favourite piece of software, and it may have just made my modding life SO MUCH EASIER!!!!!!

WINMERGE IS AWESOME

It does all of the really hard stuff that was taking me forever to do and I would usually miss something that breaks everything and it would all go Poop!!

It does all these hard things like that!! (please note at that point I snapped my fingers!)

So we may just possibly be getting the mod that I would want to play that much SOONER!!

Thinking caps on!!

I need Fallout ideas for:

35 resources (May not use all of these, we shall see what happens)
Originals:
Spoiler :

Aluminium (Munitions)
Bannana
Clam
Coal
Copper
Corn
Cow (Brahmin)
Crab
Deer
Dye
Fish
Fur (Gecko)
Gems
Gold
Hit Mo
Hit Mu
Hit Si
Horse
Incense
Iron
Ivory
Marble
Oil
Pig
Rice
Sheep
Silk
Silver
Spices
Stone
Sugar
Uranium
Whale
Wheat
Wine

7 corporations:

Talon Company
US Postal Service
Jet Factory
Iguana Bob's Diner

News Update:

I am currently trying to build a brand new Mod Using K-Mod as it's base. (Has good things like BUG in it)

So far I have succeeded in stripping down the mod to a certain degree.
I have Stripped out the Civs down to Fallout Civs
I have Stripped down Units and Buildings and Wonders to a smaller amount that I can build Fallout stuff over.
Next step is Stripping and remodelling the Tech Tree to match my Fallout Tech Tree. (Could be complicated!!)

Aluminium (Munitions)
Bannana (Xander Root)
Clam
Coal (Coal)
Copper (Copper)
Corn (Corn)
Cow (Brahmin)
Crab
Deer (Wild Dog)
Dye
Fish
Fur (Gecko)
Gems
Gold (Gold)
Hit Mo
Hit Mu (Slaves)
Hit Si (Jet)
Horse
Incense
Iron (Iron)
Ivory
Marble
Oil (Oil)
Pig
Rice
Sheep (Big Horner)
Silk (Prewar goods)
Silver (Silver)
Spices
Stone
Sugar
Uranium (Uranium)
Whale
Wheat (Broc Flower)
Wine (Moonshine)

Thats all I can think of for now.

Oh some good ideas there.

I forgot to add Jet!! I added the corporation but not the resource haha!

Wild dog! You sicko it's great haha!

Broc Flower and xander root are interesting, hmm I wonder if corporations can affect health per resource, that would be a good one then.

Moonshine! yes

What the heck is a big horner!?!? :-D

Pre war goods is a good idea as well.

Slaves won't be a resource, oh slaves will be SO MUCH MORE!!! MUAHAHAHAHAA! (If I can make it work :) )

Other ones I considered are
Food:
Iguana
Rad Apples
Can Goods (Prewar)
Nuka Cola!

Production:
Fusion Batteries/Advanced Munitions

Luxury:
Golden Gecko

Thanks for the ideas, Keep it coming guys! It is a real motivator to know people are interested :-D

big horner are from new vegas, they are basicaly a giant ram looking thing

Well if you want to add more corporations definitely
Gun Runners
Regulators
And perhaps slavers if they fit in with the schema
Also at least one of the large trading companies, Water Merchants, Fargo Traders, ect

They did armor and weapons and the like, and I misspelled it it is actually Far Go traders

Yeah it looks really good, problem is I don't have civ3 to play it, and you can't use much from civ3 for civ 4 cause everything is different...So it might be a lot of work for not a lot of reward if you know what I mean.

If you would like to, it would be great to have a 'Highlights of the mod' From you, if you have played it, the ideas, units, buildings that you really liked and the kind of effects they have on the game.

I mean it for ideas source :)

That mod provided fractions from fallout 1-2 as civilization with some common building
(barracks, defensive buildings like palisade or perimeter defense) and some fraction-only units and buildings

Mutants have ..mutants))) , Ghouls have ghouls, Robots fraction have robots.
i played game from start till last technology and for 2 fractions (Vault and Enclave) - 4 wonders i found and built :)

they dont deserve to be mentioned:(
as their effect is standart (bonus to something) and no something really new.

maker of this mod made barbarians (or if we talk about fallout game encounters in wild) as some debris guarded by radscorpions and later deathclaws, i think that thisway is..not for fallout atmosphere.

About resources :
Broc flower (they needed for medical building if remember correctly)
xander root
metallic armor (for all metall unit)
silver gekko (for all leather armored units)
golden gekko (luxury item)
medical bag (for for building hospital)
small caliber ammo (for early units leather and metall armored)
large caliber ammo (look like bazooka ammo) (for later metall armored units)
small and large batterys (for early energo units and for later also for fusion electro plant (speedup productions))
Brahmins (as good food soruce and for some lether armored units)
cabbage (good food source and some production buildings)
Water tiles produce fish and whales - food sources
Tires - needed for automobile units
Peoples - as not all fractions are humans - so some fractions have..humans and they can give them to non-human fraction.. maybe if i play for them i will know for that))))..(but i dont want to))
Electronics - for hi-tech units, for buildings
cactuses - i dont know for that they)
gems - give many commerce

All fractions start in certain place no map generation at all, but i think this is civ3 limitation.

aproximetly 60% of landmass is desert and no city can be build in desert if no water near you (and if you playing for human fraction - i think this is good idea) so if you playing for ghouls or for robots..no need in food so you can freely colonize desert.

And for some suggestions to your project, based on expirience from described mod:

1 Many different events
1.1 raiders attack city (your and others (nonplayer too))
1.2 attack from some beasts
2 i like to propose maybe "hard to make" constructor system
2.1 food:
mutated fruits - 2food\1commerce
cabbage - 3food\1commerce
wheat - 4food\2commerce
Brahmins - 6food\3commerce
2.2 Gekko - make general "gekko" resource (i came to this later)
2.3 raw material:
gold 1 prod \ 5 commerce
gems 7 coomerce
uranium 7 prod \ 2 commerce
iron 5 prod
Herbs 3 food \ 3 commerce
Scavenge point - 5prod \ 5commerce (will last for 10-20 turn and then willbe removed from map (depleted))

3 from provided resources we will make need
3.1 Refining
Steel refinery - iron - steel
Scavengers camp - xander roots, broc , and many other items can be found - and scavanger need to found them (it is more fallout-like then to harvest them directly) from some traits of your fractions, civics, builded infrastructure affect chances to gather something each turn.
War factory - for making armor,weapons and other stuff needed for recruiting new units
Civil factory - make stuff for living, for making non war units,
Hunters guild - they hunt gekko, their efficency affect will beasts attack your town or not
and like with scavengers - same factors affect wil they hunt something , will they got some lether and what lether will it be.

I dont see post-apocaliptic world in what new cities made so easly as in our days.
So i strongly against such practice. Making new city need to be very very hard acomplishment.
i`m for harvesting\hunting\producing camps that can be placed from unit and packed to unit
it need to be guarded, and it dont needto haveroad - but if it there then harvested\hunted\produced fastertravel to your city (as caravan - and i see it as caravan unit).

For you to make some unit you need equipment
like 1 spear + 2 silver gekko lether + 1 brahmin lether + trained or untrained citizen= spearman
you need to train peoples and it cost money, time and other resources, but if you have free trained citizen you can make units out of it right away. So in your city you need to collect to gold but items for army to be made.

hm.. please read it and tell me do i need to continue)
as i think that all written is too hard to be made.
but only inthat way truly fallout-like strategy can be made.

Well on the subject of cars ect they should come very late if at all, also Oil should be changed to something more fitting like Battery Acid, or Fuel Cells, as in fallout cannon there is no known oil left.

cars and Vertibird!!!! all need to use power cells (or nuclear batteries)

) waiting for answer of our modder)

hahaha, yeah the oil system is from fury road, I may or may not put that back in (it is quite complicated!)

Yes I already had a vertibird in my previous version, also I have somewhere some nice 'mercedes skins' some one made for me for highwaymen.

you have some good suggestions in there mas. The camp thinks will be too hard for me I have no idea how it would work!

As to the 'Cities', the way to think about them in this mod is that they are your average towns in fallout, eventually I want to change the messages like '1 million souls in your empire' to reflect this if I can,
but it will only be cosmetic anyway. So anyway think of a 1 size settlement as having a single team of people, your original 10 settlers.
and so at size 10 say it is only like a hundred people whixh represents a fairly bustling Fallout town, and at say size 20 you are
looking at the capital of NCR in fallout 2 where you could not see the whole area, or like New Reno.

As to Animals/barbs I will be using the Fury road system for this, if I can integrate it successfully. play that mod to see what I mean. but it is basically old world ruins
that spawn animals and barbs if not controlled by a player with an improvement, they also produce a lot of reource point for cities.

Cars and the like will be in, and will appear fairly early (as motorbikes and other basic style trucks, cars, etc)

As they were everywhere in F1 and F2, they just weren't used all that much because of game mechanics. but you had junk yards and mechanics all over the place, not to mention a chop shop!
As the game progresses you'll get better cars and the like and guns etc.

The thing to remember with this is you are playing as the Empires of Fallout not the lone wanderer being picked up by the flow of world events,
so you will have access to more resources and equipment than in the F games, because you are the head of an organised group.

I want to try and implement systems where by you can 'shift' resources (including people) around, so if you have a small town in a fertile area you can do things to drop its food levels so that other town get a boost.
I am still working on if how this will work probably as a resource prereq on buildings so for example.

Fertile City Builds Grain Warehouse (-5 Food) Produces (Sacks Of Grain)

Grain Market (PreReq Resource Sack O Grain) (+2 Food)

Things like this.

Also with the refugee mechanic from Fury Road you will be able to build refugees that you can then settle in any city you want for a +1 population boost.

I like the idea of the resources for different units, I may expand this from fury roads munitions system. So we could have say a Waepon makers tent for the tribals that requires Wood and produces Basic weapons that then allow you to make troops.
The only limitation with resources is that 1 resource works for every city on in the trade route, so you would only need one weapon maker, but this is not really a problem necessarily as caravans were a huge part of fallout.

In my previous version I set it so that certain techs improve your trade connection.

So Caravans connected trade routes across plains and Armed Caravans connected it across desert for example.

As to the not build in desert, I do (maybe) plan to implement certain limitations on settling, but not like this. As there may be a benefit to a desert settlement that is regularly supplied by caravans.

I do want to try and go back and implement my plan that if you settle on a vault you get different building choices compared to settling somewhere else, and this could potentially be expnded, if the AI can handle it, or if I can find someone to make the AI handle it :)

All Ideas are welcome, as it helps to give me more ideas and motivate me along the way :)

thne we see what will be in the result)

as i dont know python \ xml \ graphic - i like be your beta-tester

and please tell us what your current state of things?

Top Bottom