Fusion Nuke problem?

Khadras

Chieftain
I see tactical fusion and fusion nova behave like normal fission nuke and doesn't modify the land into water anymore. It lowered the land until flat terrain and produce radiation. In the description and in the AND the nukes produce a water terrain and no radiation on that tile. It is a bug?

I think that feature has been temporarily disabled due to a bug it can manifest. It would be nice to have that sorted out though, because the bug in question gets in the way of some other concepts under discussion recently as well, about rising water levels and global shifts.

I think that feature has been temporarily disabled due to a bug it can manifest. It would be nice to have that sorted out though, because the bug in question gets in the way of some other concepts under discussion recently as well, about rising water levels and global shifts.

Yes. To expand on this a bit, the chnage from land->water (and visa versa in principal though nuking wouldn't do that) can change the landmass map (create new landmasses and in particular chnage the landmass to which tiles belong), and the game doesn't fully cope with that which can result in a crash. Thus nuking was causing CTDs on occassion so we disabled it until the undelying issue could be fixed (it's not an easy fix, which is why we took the easy way out for now)

I know the nuke bombs after they explode transform the ground zero into form of glass, and the suroundings into wasteland. So, in game, can be possible the nuke to change the ground zero plot into glass landplot, and the suroundings into wasteland landplots, like salted landplots from weather changes, or in the manner of changing from grass to tundra from pollution or radiation?

Why not just turn the plot to "Barren" terrain with radiation? Barren gives no benefits and already looks black and scorched.

As long as it still would have the city-killing feature, I at least wouldn't care either way. Was the bug introduced in C2C, or was it already in RoM/AND? I used it in several games back when I played AND and never had any issues... Would it be difficult to enable it in my game - I'd rather have it enabled and deal with the issues rather than have it disabled altogether?

As long as it still would have the city-killing feature, I at least wouldn't care either way. Was the bug introduced in C2C, or was it already in RoM/AND? I used it in several games back when I played AND and never had any issues... Would it be difficult to enable it in my game - I'd rather have it enabled and deal with the issues rather than have it disabled altogether?

The bug has always been present do far as I know, but it only causes the crashes a minority of the time (but when it does it's game over and the game is utterly trashed)

Top Bottom