Future 6otM plans

How should we plan for future games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knowtalent

Emperor
GOTM Staff
We are rapidly approaching the end of the new civs and leaders for Civ6, thus I am setting up this poll to get a feel for what the community wants us to work toward until the release of 7. Currently there are 56 leaders that will take 4.5 years to go thru everything on both easy and hard. It is unlikely we will get to the end of that cycle with out 7 dropping.

Part of the fun of GOTM is not knowing which civ will be next, so I don't think I'd like it if there was a pre-ordained chronological or alphabetical order in which the civs would appear. And it seems like that might also crimp the creativity of the GOTM staff a little, so I voted for option 3.

But I do want to note that we haven't seen any games with the civs that were recently re-worked in a pretty significant way, esp Spain, Khmer, Mapuche, and Canada, iirc. So I'll put forth the suggestion that those might be more fun to look at sooner rather than later....

Thanks as always for your time and effort!

I'm not sure that random is best. I like how the game creators put together games with the civs/map/win condition/ etc. that they think would be interesting.

If I understand correctly, "random" refers to the question of GOTMs being in a certain order or not. In any case, each game is designed in a not-random manner.

I like how the game creators put together games with the civs/map/win condition/ etc. that they think would be interesting.

I like that, too!

No zombies please. Except for that it is difficult to think of significant ways to improve on what you guys do. As part of the wrap up I would love to hear some commentary from the game designers perspective as to the design considerations. That might generate some lively comments.

Thank you for the great content over the years. I play way, way too much civ and the GOTM games are the core of my Civ experience.

Would love to contribute a couple of bucks a month to show my gratitude. I budget about $30 a month in small contributions to various podcasts and other content creators that are amazing ... you guys definitely qualify.

aspyr announced NFP for iOS coming out Aug 24th, including cross-platform cloud saves. maybe we can figure out how to play the 6OTMs on iOS. might still have to open the save on PC, then save to the cloud, and then open in iOS

It will be interesting to see if that would work? We tried very hard to help out the console crowd, but that didn't pan out. :sad:

Top Bottom