1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Future Worlds

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by bouncymischa, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Gomurr

Gomurr the Ancient

Hey, I've been having a bit of trouble with this mod. I'm running it with a few other mods, like Enlightenment Era and YNAEMP. Strangely, when I start a new game with Future Worlds enabled, all the barbarians scattered across the world are Future era units. No idea why this is happened. Has anyone encountered this before and knows how to fix it?

2. TimurB

TimurB Chieftain

Finally, i understand the cause of this error:
    Code:
    [7600.384] Runtime Error: ...\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Future Worlds (v 6)\Lua\CityNearbyMapDatasV4.lua:1105: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
    The main reason is: there re so many undeclared variables in futureLua.
    Ex: iImprovementIndustrialSite in function FWBuildingImprovementBonuses
    The industrial site improvement was declared as:
    local iImprovementIndustrialComplex = GameInfoTypes.IMPROVEMENT_FW_INDUSTRIAL_COMPLEX

Also, there re many similar cases in futureLua:
    [7731.269] Runtime Error: ...\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Future Worlds (v 6)\Lua/FutureLua.lua:1095: attempt to index local 'pTeam' (a number value)
    [7621.085] Runtime Error: ...\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Future Worlds (v 6)\Lua/FutureLua.lua:550: attempt to compare number with nil

I ve fixed some of the issues in my Future Perfection mod/patch. But, i wonder if somebody out there still play civ5 with this mod =P

3. TimurB

TimurB Chieftain

I ve played this mod with Enlightenment era so many times, and no problem so far (unless the fassil ghabi error, but thats the fault of EE mod).
    Perhaps, you are playing this mod with other mods that change the information era tech tree???

I ve release the new versions of Future Perfection. Check it out.
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/future-perfection.626134/

4. torandiablo

torandiablo Chieftain

Been searching the thread and can't find a definitive answer, does this work with the latest Vox Populis mods?

5. SLGray

SLGray King

6. BackseatTyrant

BackseatTyrant Queer Anarchotranshumanist

I think the VP people refuse to make the mod compatible, because they're focused on the statecraft intricacies and aim for historical accuracies of grand strategy games, something of which an inclusion of a future era would ruin, I suppose?

7. SLGray

SLGray King

They are not working on compatibility. That is up to the individual designers of the other mods.

BackseatTyrant likes this.
  8. Mimo2002

Mimo2002 Chieftain

Halo.

The button "Download v6 Here" doesn't work - "404 page not found". On the net I found only v3. Could someone help and give the link to v6?

I've kept all necessary (for me) mods on my HD, but few months ago I've decided "I quit - end of wasting time with games". So I've erased all...

Now I am playing with Future Worlds v3, but it's occasionally crush and this is strongly annoying.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  9. atreibout

atreibout Chieftain

Hie, same here ! i can't find the V6 version !

Could someone please post the V6 version ? it's will be very nice for the guys who bought the game without steam ( I bought it in 2012... ^^)

thx !

10. bc1

bc1

11. atreibout

atreibout Chieftain

Sir...

THANK YOU !!!

It's a real pleasure to see a community so active !

Have a great day sir, now I can try this fabulous mod ! :) :) :)

12. atreibout

atreibout Chieftain

Well, i have some problems, here :

The game begins with a battlesuit unit AND i can't even build any building !
    upload_2020-11-17_9-40-20.png

And this is the only mod i have, i don't load any others mods :

upload_2020-11-17_9-41-29.png

Please someone have a clue ?

thx :)