[BTS] G-Major 179 - Egypt, Deity, Conquest - Deadline Jan 25th 2022

Noble Zarkon

Elite Quattromaster - Immortal (BTS)
Super Moderator
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter

While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Conquest (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Deity
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Small
  • Speed: Normal
  • Map Type: Pangaea
  • Required: None
  • Civ: Egypt
  • Opponents: Must include America (Lincoln), France (De Gaulle), Germany (Frederick), India (Gandhi)
  • Version: 3.19.005
  • Date: 1st November 2021 to 25th January 2022
Must not play as Inca.
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Last edited:
The title states Darius, but the Civ states Egypt. I would assume Egypt is correct, but can you please clarify and correct? Thanks.

Supposed to say Normal speed not Any.

This looks Inca-locked to me. The marathon slot is 15 years old T61 with vanilla Q abuse. If we're serious about t57, shouldn't huts and events be on? AH is a very expensive road block, I want a chance at popping it or mining from a hut. Otherwise early worker steals are going to idle. And at least the war chariots event could potentially help us.

Well, I decide to play Deity for the 1st time (for real, I had a cheesy tiny hatty upload a decade ago), and this happens on the victory turn:

Looks like I don't know how to embed an image here (will look into it, please help). I tried to put a dropbox link, but failed. looks like right klick - open image in a new tab works for me. Does it also work for anyone else?

Anyway, I tripped domination on the turn of Gandhi capitulation. Bah, I got 1080AD victory (on Deity, go figure).

Too rusty I guess

Last edited:
changed to lower case and still doesn't work.

will figure something out for the next time

changed to lower case and still doesn't work.

will figure something out for the next time
It is easier to just attach the pictures here on the site, instead of using third party image hosts.
Spoiler :
Upload files:

upload1.png

Include the picture in the post by using the "Full Image" link.

upload2.png

Unless the images are really small, like the above ones, it's a good idea to save them as .jpg files (instead of .png). It's a socalled lossy format, which means some image quality is lost, but typically it's virtually undetectable. But instead of file sizes of ~4MB, they are 200kB or something (for 1920x1080 fullscreens).

are deadlines for g-majors hard-and-fast, or if there is no new g-major posted can we submit late to the current one?

save checker is still broken
Sorry about that, will have a look, however it's not really required now as Buffy automatically checks your game and flags up any issues - check the second tab on the victories screen.

are deadlines for g-majors hard-and-fast, or if there is no new g-major posted can we submit late to the current one?
You can submit late but please PM if you do, this year I expect to run updates on time (basically last Tuesday of the month).

Top Bottom