G-Major 21

I submitted my 3rd attempt - the 4th city at the start is totally worth it. It comes online only several turns later than the starting three. The point is finding good spot for it, while usually you're confused where to find place for the three.
Captured cities input is minimal.

Edit: it was accepted, being currently in the lead.

I even think that, provided there's enough suitable terrain, building 6 cities from the start might prove to be the optimal strat. As a minor bonus, it would also provide you with 6 forges for IW.

Let's say the date is faster than 1790, but slower than fabled 1750 :) I could've carved a turn off the result if Musa hadn't captured barb city in the middle of nowhere couple of turns before finish.

Let's say the date is faster than 1790, but slower than fabled 1750 :)

I have already known that you are faster than 1770 AD. I told myself weeks ago that whoever can outrun me with 1770 AD deserved to be first place, so I'm happy at #2. Will see if Karmina or Shyuhe come up with a 1770 win or better themselves. I really think 1760 is reachable. From my last attempt (I had to abandon that one because I lost too many units at the beginning), I was on to something that could saved at least 3 more turns.

Apparently 1790 isn't good enough in these neck of the woods :lol: I'll start giving this gauntlet a few more runs now that I know the date to beat :) I doubt I'll break 1770 though...

I have already known that you are faster than 1770 AD. I told myself weeks ago that whoever can outrun me with 1770 AD deserved to be first place
Well, I would've been faster if not that barb city captured by Musa ;)
I doubt I can give it another run though - no time, however it might be interesting to check more citybuilds variant.

thanks guys.
What a great community, whre in the middle of a competition, the best players help the others :goodjob:

You said it. I am loving the comments here and have been inspired to give this one a try, having never played Deity.

Btw, someone has already fared better than me - will try to find some time for another run ;)

Btw, someone has already fared better than me - will try to find some time for another run ;)

Faster than you? I doubt that! Since I have no way of knowing what you got, I'm guessing that it may be just slightly better in scores.;) I built 5 cities from the start and 3 more cities on luxury resources around 1700 AD (gold, gems, and wine). I will try to find some time for one final run. Well, may be a few more runs because I often start over by 1720 AD.

Since I have no way of knowing what you got
Why, I blurted it out fair and square - you just need to sum 2 and 2 ;)

I've tried this one, but it's a nightmare: after start with BtS, to discover it starts from 1888 at turn 116, i tried Asoka with Warlords.
Would some of you please explain me how can you win in some 40 turns?
In that time i manage to destroy/vassallize an AI or two, no more.
And after factory/barracks i build only units.

No one has even mentioned the mighty Celts for this. Try em out!

I've tried this one, but it's a nightmare: after start with BtS, to discover it starts from 1888 at turn 116, i tried Asoka with Warlords.
Would some of you please explain me how can you win in some 40 turns?
In that time i manage to destroy/vassallize an AI or two, no more.
And after factory/barracks i build only units.

With the correct starting sequence, it's fairly easy to win within less than 40 turns. My starting sequence is at follows:

1. Build your capital at 1575 AD, switch your civics to Universal, Bureaucracy, Serfdom, Mercantilism, and Organized Religion, chop 1 forests to finish a settler in 1 turn.

2. Turn #2, chop another forests to finish another settler in 1 turn.

3. Turn #3, your explorers should have located oil and coal by now (if not, consider starting over with a different map).

4. Turn #4, found the second and third cities (if you have done this by turn #3, good for you:goodjob:), set both of these cities to produce workers. Set your capital to work on the factory.

5. Turn #5, finding location for your 4th and 5th cities.

6. Turn #6, gold rush to finish workers in your 2nd and 3rd cities. Hopefully, found your 4th and 5th.

7. Turn #7, not much to do here

8. Turn #8, another gold rush to finish workers in your 2nd and 3rd cities. Use the gold rush technique to produce 2 workers in each of your 4th and 5th cities.

9. Turn #9, a religion has emerged in one of your cities, chop forests/gold rush or whatever to build 5 more missionaries (1 per each turn). You don't have a lot of time to build missionaries because you will be switching to Theocracy before rolling out your first tank.

Btw, remember to trade map with everyone in every turn. I usually disband my original explorers at this time since there is no further need for them. My building sequence is simple: 2 setters in capital, 2 workers per each other cities ASAP, factory, coal plant, (around this point, use the GE for the Pentagon, change civics to Environmentalism and Theocracy) barracks, then tanks all the way to the end.

Immediately go to war with your nearest civ with your first tank. You can't take on their cities with only 1 tank but you could capture a couple of workers. Do the same with your second and third tanks, then declare wars on the rest of the remaining civs. Even if you have only 3 tanks, declare wars on all of them anyway. Since now you are at wars with everybody, you have no choice but to fight until the end. You should be able to win within 40 turns or less because your empire are producing 5 tanks per turns at this point. Good luck!

@killercane
Spi+Cha for level 3 units from the start (with Pentagon, Theo and Vassalage)? Not bad alternative, agree. But fast workers are omnipotent, especially for your starting mines/chops.
@Moonsinger
And I have substantially different war strat, yet close result :)

No one has even mentioned the mighty Celts for this. Try em out!

Since fast worker is the key to fast victory, Gandhi and Osaka are the best. Of course, anyone can win, but no one can beat Gandhi and Osaka. I like Osaka better because I was able to have more cities; therefore, higher score than Gandhi.

@Moonsinger
And I have substantially different war strat, yet close result :)

If you have time to talk, I like to hear about your starting sequence. May be we can combine our methods.

It's rather the same one, nothing much to combine here. However, I was also strating to think of US instead of Repr, seeing how much cash do I accumulate in the start. And I use chops much.

As for warfare, I devote 1-2 workers to lay rail for my future army and then attack with first 7 tanks. Mind it, I have had just 4 runs, and the first one was 1820AD, so no space to refine the strat outside my head. Then I just get the mass to keep rolling and open a second front by the already existing rail :)

How much would've I wanted Cha/Spi leader with fast workers! :D This CRIII from the start surely does make difference.

It's rather the same one, nothing much to combine here. However, I was also strating to think of US instead of Repr, seeing how much cash do I accumulate in the start. And I use chops much.

As for warfare, I devote 1-2 workers to lay rail for my future army and then attack with first 7 tanks. Mind it, I have had just 4 runs, and the first one was 1820AD, so no space to refine the strat outside my head. Then I just get the mass to keep rolling and open a second front by the already existing rail :)

How much would've I wanted Cha/Spi leader with fast workers! :D This CRIII from the start surely does make difference.
I used US from the get go but I just started this gauntlet today so what do I know? But dont discount the Brennus just yet there Moonsinger!

Though I have yet to find a great start (solid spots for starting settlers), you can capture several workers from the closest AI and take their city with two Celtic supertanks while building in the core...

Top Bottom