[BTS] G-Minor 234 - Gilgamesh, Noble, Domination - Deadline September 24th

Noble Zarkon

Elite Quattromaster - Immortal (BTS)
Super Moderator
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter

While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Domination (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Noble
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Tiny
  • Speed: Quick
  • Map Type: Pangaea
  • Civ: Sumeria (Gilgamesh)
  • Opponents: Must include Celt (Brennus), Greece (Alexander)
  • Version: 3.19.005
  • Date: 10th August to 9th September 2018
Must not play as Inca.
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Settled on PH Stone, built some rushing warriors then a couple of settlers to fill in the rest of the space. My research was to BW first, then down the religions tech line to grab monotheism for a final culture boost.

Had one other submission at 1720 BC with this strategy which seemed reasonable, the 1960 one had a ridiculous amount of luck and would be pretty tough to replicate. Delhi 4 squares away from capital, Bibracte 5 squares away, and both those AI founded religions right before I conquered them (T6 and T11, respectively, each with 2 warriors against 1). Then it was just about rallying enough warriors to take down Frederick and being sure to settle to grab enough tiles to get over the domination limit (I luckily ended up with exactly the number of tiles I needed, even with Alexander's annoying culture).

Settings-wise, the only weird thing I used was require complete kills. It didn't change much, sometimes I was able to grab a loose worker that didn't want to run back to the city without delaying my conquests. The idea was to be able to conquer all of the AI rather than having to leave one alive, but it turned out that building a couple of settlers gave more land more quickly than conquering the last AI.

Settings-wise, the only weird thing I used was require complete kills. ...... The idea was to be able to conquer all of the AI rather than having to leave one alive
That wouldn't have worked - once there were no AIs left with a city you would have won a conquest victory regardless of "require complete kills"!!

Congrats Swordnboard. :D

Make sure to join the SGOTM when it starts up soon please.
The more people beating WastinTime the better.

Settings-wise, the only weird thing I used was require complete kills. It didn't change much, sometimes I was able to grab a loose worker that didn't want to run back to the city without delaying my conquests.

Oh nice!
Don't recall anyone ever doing that before.

Last edited:
Top Bottom