G-Minor 34

wtf, I didn't play HoF for a long time and tried this today. I needed approx 4 hours and won with frederick in 2018. That really sucks as I understand here. The tips from the forum seem to help a lot.

Try looking at what's been posted in the major. Most of it applies to the minor as well (except you don't need as many tanks). Asoka is great as fast workers allow you to terraform the land very quickly. Don't research anything and just go all gold/culture. Don't be afraid to declare on multiple opponents at once.

Yeah, 1750 :king:

No Gandhi fancy this time, no Westpoint, no vassals - just raw Blitzkrieg carnage :sniper:

Btw, when's the deadline? This is my first gauntlet ever

Deadline is normally when it is no longer 10th anywhere in the world... so less than 24hrs, unless they extend (which they sometimes do due to the HOF guys being busy).

:lol: You're beating me by score again karmina. I submitted a 1750 as well.

What do you get for the score at 1750 AD? Just curious!;)

uh right.. Just curious? You guys are cruel! It was 9582. I just submitted my last attempt. I think it beat the deadline but we'll see.

I tried to follow the masters' advice here and just submitted my first and only try: 1845. It took almost 6h RL time. Hopefully it'll get accepted. :)

Amazing results. I'm happy with a top half finish (only just - 9th/18!).

Nice gauntlet :goodjob: HOF team and participants. Still much to learn, but I'll improve ;) I want to look at 1740 winners...

I don't know about karmina but I regenerated my maps by hand. I wanted to be able to chop 2 forests in my capital's bfc to get a factory out during the first turn. Oil and coal needed to be in the first 3 cities as well.

Build order was capital: factory (chopped), worker, coal plant, barracks, settler (if religion hasn't spread yet), Jewish missionary, tank/explorer - whichever takes one turn.

For city #2 and #3, I rush bought a fast worker the turn it was built. Then built a factory --> coal plant --> barracks --> tanks. I tried to build city #2 and #3 near forests to chop out the tanks to maintain 1 turn tanks. I took the first two AI cities and converted them into worker farms. They spit out workers for the rest of the game.

Initial civics were US/bureau/serfdom/merc/OR. After I spread Judaism to 3 (or 4) cities, I swapped to theocracy. After I got my first GE, I either stayed in merc for a second GE or swapped into state property if I had lots of cities already. If I got the second GE, then I swapped into state property at that point (since there would be few trees to chop at that point, workshops/watermills become necessary). My first GE was saved for the IW in city #2 or 3. The second GE (if I got one) was used on the Pentagon. If I got the pentagon, I also swapped to vassalage for 9XP tanks out of Jewish cities.

I think the rest is just moving tanks and workers around. I tried to hook up :) resources to keep the culture slider down. That would free up more gold for rush buying in newly conquered cities (which would produce barracks --> tank).

Nice analysis! :goodjob: In my game I wondered if I should have built a few more workers in the start, but I failed to do that. Do you think your recipe works for the ongoing major as well?

I can't see delaying the Pentagon until the second engineer pops working on deity. Hannibal built it for me in my game (for the minor gauntlet), but when I tried the major I got it with my first engineer (rushed it when it was enough to complete the next turn). Not that it helped when Hatty nukes you 3 times and Qin gets Mech Inf...

EDIT: Isn't the heroic epic better than ironworks (cheaper)? I think you can still build it with a modern start... (I rushed IW in my minor game too... but thinking it through... hmmm).

It's close. You may need a few more workers initially as you need to grow your cities large enough to run 1 turn tanks for most of the game. Pentagon is a lot more important for the major (CR3 tanks are really good). And obviously you need about twice as many tanks to take enemy cities as the minor.

You may have to swap out of US into police state to maintain the production of tanks. I would also build a 4th city initially for the major.

edit: I didn't have access to the HE at the time I built IW.

:lol: Omg, I really did beat shyuhe and Moonsinger on this one, didn't I? :lol:
Thanks for a great gauntlet and a great competition - how many times did we submit tiebreakers syhuhe? At least 1760, 1750 and finally 1740 :goodjob:

I hate tiebreakers :sniper: At least it still gives me a 100 BaseQScore :lol:

edit: looking at karmina and Moonsinger's entries, I noticed that I'm the only one who played with raging barbs. Was I the only one trying to milk this minor for all its worth?

I played with raging barbs (only 9th place though). It's still my highest score in a minor gauntlet. They killed 1 worker and settled 2 cities. When I tried the major, I had raging barbs on as well. They have basically zero impact on the game (rifles vs tanks, if you ever see one).

Top Bottom