G-Minor 34

Twenty-eight! Wow.

I tried to hook up :) resources to keep the culture slider down.
Interesting, I tried to keep the culture slider up to get a better score. This might have made the difference^^

But there are more differences in our games:
Capital produces 3 or 4 workers first, an initial chop should suffice to get them at a 1/turn rate. Then factory - coal plant - barracks(+maybe stable) - pentagon - tanks. Chop if anything needs more than a single turn. Might require to hire additional engineers for early GE, don't remember exactly as I often played with Gandhi (1740 submission was Asoka though). Tried to synchronize secondary city barracks with Pentagon to get three 9xp tanks asap, but it really never worked...

No settlers; 2nd/3rd city produce 1-2 workers first, holy city 2 missionaries, then exact build order as capital.

I never used US(maybe a mistake) - started with Representation and only once switched civics, the turn the Pentagon was built, to Police State - Vassalage - Enviro - Emancipation - Theocracy.

Considering the length of the game (exactly 14 turns of war and 14(13?) turns before), I didn't care at all about captured cities. The earliest to come out of resistance produced a worker or two, but it really didn't matter.

I might add that the city sites were not exactly optimal in my final entry. Too many Tank/2turns, too few forests around. So a turn less in the beginning might be possible - the 14 turn Blitzkrieg was quite perfect though.

EDIT: The biggest difference of course is that your games take 1 hour, mine take 4-5 :cry:

EDIT2: I played without barbs to be able to leave cities undefended. (And I don't know nothing about milking, nor about QScore)

I played with raging barbs on, I even saw some rifles and burned a few of their cities
@termitnik; about 30
which amazes me, my best time was double that at 78 and that felt crazily fast

By the way the very best thing about this gauntlet was seeing "Montezuma adopts Pacifism!"

Top Bottom