G-Minor 36

@ Staff
I've seen my game accepted after i sent you the correct start save (sorry - again - for the mistake) but not listed in the gauntlet: something wrong with the settings?

I knew it, I knew it. Somebody comes with either Persia or Egypt and makes it in the BC era. :)

All right, I tried Cyrus/Warlords and got 1150AD. I did not have any Gold, and I missed the Oracle, so I went for CoL first and switched to Caste right after finishing 4 AIs on my continent in the BC era. I built the Pyramids, bulbed Astro, and teched to CS. I also had to research Currency and build wealth to prevent the strike.

@ Staff
I've seen my game accepted after i sent you the correct start save (sorry - again - for the mistake) but not listed in the gauntlet: something wrong with the settings?

My 1210AD game shows the same way, "accepted" but not in the gauntlet listing.

The warring lesson is still to be learned by yours truly, the peace mongerer. My game was taking forever, when I left off, last night. Already moving toward 1900, with the Peter's Russians in the process of being taken out. That would leave the two other continent civs, Victoria's English and Hatshephut's Egyptians. But, the game has taken so long, those two started settling cities on my continent, as well. And, the English now had their Redcoats firmly entrenched. So, a long road still lay ahead, and there's no way I could finish by today.

Oh, well, good learning was done, though. I'd warred so little, I somehow got confused on things like City Attack skill, and never used it. Learned that's an awesome skill. I will become a better, faster war mongerer, in the future.

So, many efforts, and not one conclusion, for me, in this one. Sigh.

Live and learn, and looking forward to the next gauntlet.

One last question, though. Those who did finish, if you are one who took long like me, did you settle more on your continent, or keep more cities, to prevent the other continents civs from also settling on your lands?

Thanks Denniz, np.
Unbelievable! :eek::lol:
4 players managed to do worst than me, despite my start alone and no fight until Astro (warrior rush does not count).
Anyway, a good training on Industrial Era war, the last one, at least.

One last question, though. Those who did finish, if you are one who took long like me, did you settle more on your continent, or keep more cities, to prevent the other continents civs from also settling on your lands?

I usually settled 2 cities and then went to war.

Thanks Denniz, np.
Unbelievable! :eek::lol:
4 players managed to do worst than me, despite my start alone and no fight until Astro (warrior rush does not count).
Anyway, a good training on Industrial Era war, the last one, at least.

Thanks for your LOLz, makes me feel alot better about my result ;) At least I held the number 1 spot for a while (when there were no other submissions!).

I had Sitting Bull to contend with so am still fairly happy with my result, plus it was a legit conquest win after the prince tank rush minor last month, which was just double cheese with relish.

Top Bottom