Game crashes clicking End-turn button

10lire

Prince
Hi everyone, I know this crash is reported by several users, but I can't find solutions.
I'm playing BtS 3.19 patched with my mod which merges:

1. BUG mod 4.0 (I know, there is a superior version but this one always worked fine);
  2. Varietas Delectat 9.2 + new civilizations for VD:
    • Hungary;
    • Poland;
    • Polynesia;
    • Native American expanded;
    • Australia;
    • Cuba and
    • my Italian civ shown in the signature;
  3. Culturally Linked Start Locations.

I have also modded some xml text files and added new flags (this means i have modded CIV4ArtDefines_Civilization.xml).

My specs:
Notebook model: Dell Studio 1749;
CPU: Intel DualCore i5 520M, 2,40 GHz;
RAM: 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 533 MHz;
Graphics: AMD Radeon Mobility HD5650 (6500M/5600/5700 series) 1 GB RAM.
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1

Game settings:
Difficulty: Prince;
Map: Planet_Generator_0_68;
World Size: Huge;
AI Civilizations: 18;

Ancient Era;
Normal Speed;

Options enabled:
City flipping after conquest;
Permanent alliances.

This is what happens:
I'm playing with Italian empire; the year is 1836 AD, Industrial Age; i click on 'end turn button' and the game crashes to desktop; windows tries to send to MS support the files:
  • WEREFC6.tmp.mdmp
  • WERD17A.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
  • WEREAE5.tmp.appcompat.txt
which I include in WER.zip here attached.

My mod always worked fine with the same game settings; I finished several game with different empires (Vanilla and VD civs i.e.: Egypt and Sioux).
If I play another game (paused days ago, Greek civ, 1750 AD) everything is fine.
I tried to play my game re-starting from 1832 AD and playing ramdomly; it goes away until 1840 AD and then crashes; this makes me thinking there is an event causing the crash; normally it occours always after 1836 AD; playing randomly it occoured after 1840 AD.
I have the savegame file which causes the crash but it's useless for players not having the same mod of mine. However i have attached dxdiag.txt.

Please help!

Attachments

• WER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 115
  • DxDiag.txt
    27.1 KB · Views: 207
I do not know if you already checked for this, but every time I have had an issue with this problem in the past, it has always been due to an incorrect art defines reference for a unit.

Perhaps you can go to your save file the turn before it crashes, enter Worldbuilder (I know this will spoil your game, but maybe it will allow you to find what is wrong), and try to find any cities in that will be completing a unit next turn (especially units that have just became available for that civilisation because of tech). Write those units down, as well as the civilisation, then look at the art-style-type info for the civilisation, and check that the art defines unit tag exists and is spelt correctly in your various unit art defines.

I do not know if you already checked for this, but every time I have had an issue with this problem in the past, it has always been due to an incorrect art defines reference for a unit.

Perhaps you can go to your save file the turn before it crashes, enter Worldbuilder (I know this will spoil your game, but maybe it will allow you to find what is wrong), and try to find any cities in that will be completing a unit next turn (especially units that have just became available for that civilisation because of tech). Write those units down, as well as the civilisation, then look at the art-style-type info for the civilisation, and check that the art defines unit tag exists and is spelt correctly in your various unit art defines.

Thank you for your answer. Your suggestion could be in point because Varietas Delectat is 90% a unit graphic mod, but I have made some tests and it seems not to be a unit graphic problem:
I have assigned to me Radio tech in Worldbuilder in the turn before I discover it (and the game crashes); in this way I can go to the next turn because the 'discover-Radio-tech' event is bypassed and all seemed fine; I played a couple of turns and I can build the Radio-related wonders too: Eiffel Tower, Rock'n Roll and Cristo Redentor.
But actually the game has become very instable: in a case the game has crashed when I clicked on a unit; trying to re-load the savegame from that point the games crashed again while loading.
Then I have gone back to the turn before the original crash, made again the worldbuilder trick, played some turns (saving each turn) then exit the game and load one of these new savegames; in the attachments you can see what is happened: the game starts with the tech tree screen, which is totally empty; exiting that screen the game appears without interface (no, it's not a matter of Alt+I). In other words I don't solve the problem. In the next days I will try to load the game in my old Windows XP PC; I don't know if this can be a valid test, but I have no other idea..

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 138
  • Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    242.4 KB · Views: 60
I got this interface problem years ago while making my Italian Civilization (see thread). It was not solved, so I had to throw away my work and start again. However, I have activated python exceptions and in the picture attached you can see the Python exceptions I have when I add Radio tech to my civ in Worldbuilder. Can someone interpret those error messages?

Attachments

• Python_Exception.jpg
    Python_Exception.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 104
Top Bottom