Game crashes when Wonders Movie Plays

Jim Valentine

Chieftain
Hi Everyone,

I had this problem when I first received the program. Someone told me where to go to get into the program and turn the Movie function off.

Just out of the blue, the movies started playing again.

Can anyone remind me, please, where to go to turn this function off? Or, give me a better way to fix this problem.

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Everyone,

Wow! I never thought of the Options Page. I will look into it.

However, I couldn't wait any longer. So I did some investigating and I found what I was looking for. As I said I had to change this option when I first got the program. Then, a while back, it changed back and I don't know how. I found it then and fixed it again. And now it has done the same thing.

So here is one option. I tested it and it works.

I went to My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization IV. There is a file in that directory called Civilization IV.ini. I opened it paged down to:
; Set to 1 for no in-game movies
NoMovies = 1.

It was 0 again so I reset it to 1 and it solved the problem.

I didn't notice right away but my difficulty level reset as well. I wonder what causes that to happen.

So I am good. I will look at the Options page tonight and see what it looks like.

Thanks,

Jim

It was 0 again so I reset it to 1 and it solved the problem.

To prevent it from changing at all right click on the file, select "properties" and click "Read-only." However, this will not allow to keep any changed settings in game (when you reload the game it will reset to whatever is in the .ini file).

Top Bottom