1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game difficulty

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Polls' started by Seidrik_The_Gray, Mar 14, 2008.

?

Vote for a difficulty level for the demo game

1. Noble

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. Prince

23 vote(s)
    60.5%
  3. Monarch

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. Emperor

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

This faction-based rule-set is roleplay driven, not gamey optimization driven. For all the true supporters of the Faction Ruleset, I recommend to continue the support to Prince Level, as it guarantees that we have enough liberty to integrate roleplay and gameplay, and at the same time have the opportunity to survive.

2. Rex rgis of Ter

Rex rgis of Ter Me I'm a Creator

3. Bertie

Bertie Prince

I agree with Provo. Although the game is going to play easier than Prince with 9 civs, by playing at Prince we can figure out factions without gameplay distractions.

4. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

But the 'game play distractions' will help keep the role playing moving. Consider this, look at all the political upheaval with the middle east and how it has affected US politics and bureaucratic positioning. Won't that do the same thing here?

It's still a civ game and the actual game should affect the role playing and vice versa.

5. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

Well, Methos, in that case, let's go Emperor?

6. NZL

NZL Proudly Flemish

Prince would still win imo.
    Those voting Noble now will vote Prince, and those voting Monarch will either vote Prince or Emperor.
    The Prince vote has a big enough lead to make a runoff poll unnecessary i believe.

7. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

I think some here got a unique idea about run-offs, when they are necessary or not. I would say that prince stands, weighted or non-weighted.