1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BNW] Game freezes on loading screen using Wine

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Technical Support' started by satorarepo, Feb 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. satorarepo

satorarepo Chieftain

I'm trying to run Civ 5 on Wine in order to play the Vox Populi mod on my mac. I did manage to enable the mods, but when I start a game, it gets stuck forever in the loading screen.

Now, this is the second game I run on Wine and I know it can be a bit slow. I'm talking about the game being really stuck; I waited for more than 5 minutes and nothing.

My computer is a 2016 macbook running macOS 10.12. It has an Intel Iris Pro, no dedicated video card. The default Civ 5 installation (without wine) runs quite smoothly. Do you guys know if there is anything I can do to solve this problem?

Thanks!

2. Jmn2080

Jmn2080 Chieftain

Did you ever figure this out? I am having almost exactly the same problem and have found no solutions, though I don't even think I've managed to get the mods to work despite running the Vox Populi .exe in winebottle.