Game notices make me lose track.

TLF

Prince
I'll see something that needs immediate attention, like another civ sneaking through my territory trying to settle some empty space, and then the notices begin.
This city built that, what do you want to build now? That city build this other thing...sometimes 5 or 6 or more in a row.

By the time it's over I have forgotten about those troops and settler from the other civ, and a turn or two later there is a foreign civ city in the middle of my nation.

How do you deal with this?
Is there a way to temporarily stop the messages until important things are taken care of?

All I needed to do was demand that those people leave my lands.

Yes, most notification windows have the option to receive them or not. There's lots of check boxes for these in the game settings screen.

What I find irritating is that there's no notification window for towns that are in revolt. I often leave a revolting little town in revolt because it's so long between finding out and my turn proper.

CivAssist II will remind you that there are foreign units in your territory.

One thing I usually do is check the perimeter of the nation for intruders or whatever (like burning cities?) before I click the "end turn" button. Checking your perimeter can save you a lot of heartache.

What I find irritating is that there's no notification window for towns that are in revolt. I often leave a revolting little town in revolt because it's so long between finding out and my turn proper.

Buttercup, C3C has something better for cities in revolt than a notification window. If you click on the "Cycle Cities"-button, you will see, that the button changes the enblem on it to a "revolting city"-graphic. Now you can easily cycle through all cities that are revolting in the current turn. Of course, if no city is revolting, you have no cycling in this manner. I think this is a very comfortable option in C3C, but only a few civers are aware of it -until now. :)

Maybe you are talking about something else, but I always get notification about a city in revolt from an adviser.
They also ask what I want to do about it.

I then get another notice when they go back to work.

Buttercup, C3C has something better for cities in revolt than a notification window. If you click on the "Cycle Cities"-button, you will see, that the button changes the enblem on it to a "revolting city"-graphic. Now you can easily cycle through all cities that are revolting in the current turn. Of course, if no city is revolting, you have no cycling in this manner. I think this is a very comfortable option in C3C, but only a few civers are aware of it -until now. :)

Could you please post a screenshot of what you mean to talk about here?

Hi,
I am not TLF, but I have noticed the changing "Cycles Cities" Button too.

If one or more of your cities are in disorder. the red marked "Cycles Cities" received a flame symbol.

Sorry, but my cities are behaving good, so I can only show you the default button. ;)

Hope it was helpful.

As Kirejara just showed the position of that button, I attache an enlarged screenshot about the graphic of that button. The button was introduced with PTW and you can find the graphics I post here in the PTW interface folder:

The button changes from "normal city" to "city with smoke".

As TLF posted, you can activate a popup message in the game preferences, to show you the civil disorder notice for each city, but this slows down the game and can easily be forgotten, when it´s your turn to mange the disorder.

As TLF also posted, the revolting city is marked with a smoke-animation (or something other, if you are good in modding). But with both options, you have to look for the city. The comfortable with the "Disorder-city-cycle-button" is, that the game itself leads you to the revolting city and you don´t have to look for it.

Attachments

• Disorder Cycle.jpg
    Disorder Cycle.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 218
Civinator said:
Buttercup, C3C has something better for cities in revolt than a notification window. If you click on the "Cycle Cities"-button, you will see, that the button changes the enblem on it to a "revolting city"-graphic. Now you can easily cycle through all cities that are revolting in the current turn. Of course, if no city is revolting, you have no cycling in this manner. I think this is a very comfortable option in C3C, but only a few civers are aware of it -until now.

Took me years to discover this. My standard modus operandi is still (if I recall at all that a city might be revolting) to go to the domestic advisor screen, sort by production, and any city with 0 production is revolting. But, this probably is a slightly more convenient method.

I use a failproof method that came into my own head, after some revolts I wasn't expecting. This method guarantees you don't miss anything before proceeding.
When I reach end-of-turn notice, SAVE (Ctrl-S). Then use the mini-map to center on my Capitol, then double click on it. You should ALWAYS know the number of cities owned, so keeping your mouse-pointer over each city center, click the center, observe, hit the RIGHT-KEY, and repeat counting and observing. Do this as quickly as slowly as needed, and go through as many times as needed; you just saved, remember. Make a note of EVERYTHING, but what you're looking for are "problem cities"; clowns; why? Growth only 1 per turn, why? Fix them, to the best of your abilty. All these decisions are covered in the documentation and the tremendous advice offered on this site.
Then before proceeding, SAVE (Ctrl-S) again; Why? because when you hit that ENTER or SPACE key, ALL BETS ARE OFF, until the AI restores the game to your control.
You must always, overall, be in control.

Took me years to discover this. My standard modus operandi is still (if I recall at all that a city might be revolting) to go to the domestic advisor screen, sort by production, and any city with 0 production is revolting. But, this probably is a slightly more convenient method.
Well...to each his own. :D

I use Happiness tab in MapStat. I also (generally) save the game as soon as the IBT is over. Each game gets its own folder. If MapStat is 'examining' an earlier saved game in that folder, my manual save will force a reload of MapStat with data from the latest save game in that folder (the one I just created). If the Happiness stays flashing I know I have a problem somewhere.

Why do I save so often? Flakey PC that just dies whenever it wants. It does this once every 3 to 6 months. Not often, but often enough. :)crazyeye: and some :wallbash:)

I take tremendous enjoyment from this game.

Point is, there's an answer to every question. That is the point.

Top Bottom