Game Prep Checklist

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
List of things to do:

• Discuss Ruleset (individual)
  • Team threads for teams 5 and 6 (Methos's thread says it's just exploratory right now)
  • First announcement "pregame setup and preliminary team signups"
  • After n days of preliminary signups, decide #teams (4/5/6) based on apparent team viability of #5, #6
  • Teams decide on any team name changes, if any
  • Private forums created, official signup thread opened
  • Second announcement "teams forming now, game starts on date"
  • Teams ratify rules, admin(s), mapmaker(s)
  • Individual discussion and team votes on all pregame issues
  • Mapmaker creates map. Admins / additional mapmakers check balance
  • Third announcement "game beginning now". Host launches game.

Notes:
1. Private forums are not created until after the #teams is finalized. The reason for delaying is to allow free movement between teams until the official signups start, so that no player can be "contaminated" by team private information.

Perhaps make this a sticky and over time cross off things from the list? This makes it easy to check in one place how it's developing, as i'm sure over time this subforum will fill up with many threads and could be difficult to navigate. Perhaps also provide direct links to the threads/places next to each item as they appear.

At game start it can be un-stickied.

I'd love to get in on a 5th team that is focused on learning. Not sure how many ppl want that, and hopefully someone would join who isn't a total noob (like me)

If we keep 4 teams, I'll join Maverick.

-john

Guys, there are 5 teams already in the sticky thread, the issue was what we're going to do about a 6th team. There is a team application (almost) now in the subforum that wants to be made in to a real team but so far i have only seen the membership at two. The other option was another outside team but as of yet that has been myth and legend and i have not seen a large commitment on these forums at least.

I think we should leave it at 6 teams so we can actually get the game going within the next month and just have open season, if that fella with the Monarchy idea can get another couple of players then fine he can be the 6th team, if Realms can actually commit to a team then they can be the 6th.

Though i haven't seen what Methos has said verbatim, i had assumed that the 5 stickied teams are now good to go. So we're just waiting on the 6th team for point 6 to go ahead.

I feel that it is pointless discussing anything else before this is done as everything will need to be voted on as a team anyways.

Just wondering if you are planning to start team 5 or 6? There is still room for a team focussed on the learning experience.

I'd love to get in on a 5th team that is focused on learning. Not sure how many ppl want that, and hopefully someone would join who isn't a total noob (like me)

If we keep 4 teams, I'll join Maverick.

-john

I'll just sort of throw my 2 cents in here.

Each team will have people learning with in them and i think each team expects to learn further as they go along, half of team CDZ has forgotton how to play, the other half are still playing C3C.

However, it has quickly become apparent that each team also already has quite a few experienced players in them (both SP & MP) and i feel if there was a (for lack of a better expression) 'newbie team' they would very quickly get knocked down as it is very hard to replicate the MP experience when not actually playing MP. Now this is not a major issue if you are the team doing it, infact it's a brilliant circumstance but the other teams are immediately put at a disadvantage.

I mean no slight there to either of you and i do hope you wont take it that way, you'd both be very welcome on team CDZ if you fancied joining.

Hey; I haven't read anything from you a long time. :)
Each team will have people learning with in them and i think each team expects to learn further as they go along, half of team CDZ has forgotton how to play, the other half are still playing C3C.
You play C3C also, I'm allways wondering why people do it? When I think only about the tech costs and the calculation, I can only favour C4.
... it is very hard to replicate the MP experience when not actually playing MP. Now this is not a major issue if you are the team doing it, infact it's a brilliant circumstance but the other teams are immediately put at a disadvantage.
Winning in DGs is diplo (>70%); skill in fighting (20) and mm (10%), I think. And for diplo you need other skills than for playing.

Hey; I haven't read anything from you a long time. :)
You play C3C also, I'm allways wondering why people do it? When I think only about the tech costs and the calculation, I can only favour C4.

Winning in DGs is diplo (>70%); skill in fighting (20) and mm (10%), I think. And for diplo you need other skills than for playing.

Hmmm i would say perhaps 60 diplo then 40 everything else. However, that 40 everything else is huge!

I don't play much C3C anymore, don't have the time but spreadsheets were always the way forward!

Does one need gaming skill to win? Certainly yes. Does one need diplomatic effort to win? Certainly yes. So, IMO, percentage is irrelevant since both are at 100%.

The main question is whether the best in-game player can win without spending too much time on diplomacy?

Things we will need now that the forums are created.
1. Civ(s) and leader We now only need one civ and leader.
2. If we are going to have restricted or unrestricted leaders.
3. Map settings.
4. Game Settings.
5. Turn settings.
6. Team leader. This is needed for making votes official for your team.

Presumably as Lord Parkin is still plowing that 2 civ's furrow even though it was voted against that this is the main thing which needs to be solved first. Just whether or not we are playing as 2 civs as we can't really work out anything else from there completly.

5. I don't understand what 'Team Leader' is nor why we need one? is it just so other teams have a place to contact if need be?

Some one who can vote for you in threads for official team votes in threads so that we get the accurate vote rather than just anyone giving votes for that team, when they are not authorised to do so. In know that some teams will be leaderless in their play, but this is just for house keeping outside of the game.

Also needed:

Decision on whether to have double civs.

EDIT: I see BCLG100 beat me to it. Yes, I am still "plowing that furrow", because I think it'd be cool. ;)

Presumably as Lord Parkin is still plowing that 2 civ's furrow even though it was voted against that this is the main thing which needs to be solved first. Just whether or not we are playing as 2 civs as we can't really work out anything else from there completly.

5. I don't understand what 'Team Leader' is nor why we need one? is it just so other teams have a place to contact if need be?

When did we vote against two civs per team?

When did we vote against two civs per team?

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the general opinion poll on the matter in this forum in which the 2 civ option is losing. But it'll be decided by team votes, so it is still an option. That's for the teams to decide.

I agree that we should decide on that first.

Top Bottom