• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Game Saves Won't Load

CharlieM

Creative, Spiritual
Playing Civ IV 3.19 with BAT 2.1. Had been having no problems for a week. Now last night's game save won't load.

Computer is XP, with AMD Athlon 2.4 gig, and a Geforce 6200 video card.

I noticed gameplay getting sluggish as I entered the Modern era and things got busy. I had been running at 1280x1024, with all the Video Options on High on the left side of the Options screen, but I did not have all the stuff turned on on the right side of that screen.

Finished last night at 10 p.m. I had my one save file (attached) and about 8 auto-saves from the couple hours before.

This Save won't load. Neither will any of the other autosaves from last night. The game goes through the loading page, says complete, I can hear the game sound effects start, and then the screen goes black and I get an error message.

I tried turning down my options to Low in Video settings, and that made no difference.

I don't know how to save or transfer that error message to the forum. I read about a similar problem someone had and posted in the Tech Forum, and it was suggested that they go post in the BUG/BAT section, so that's what I'm doing.

Attachments

• Eliz Noble.CivBeyondSwordSave
    409.1 KB · Views: 56
The Varietas Delectat mod that is in BAT (v. 8.0) has crashing errors with a lot of artwork. We are working on a new BAT release that will use a different set of artwork, but for now you can follow instructions in this thread (see posts 11 and 13) that explain how to downgrade VD to 7.5 so you can continue your games.

Hey, posted in the thread that's already started on this. I'd like to move forward with my game any way I can. Thanks so much, this Mod is fantastic.

Top Bottom