Game Settings Extractions

How does this determine map size? Does it use the 'World Size' rules the map is using or does it estimate it based on tiles?

A 180x180 map made w/ bmptobic and imported to a biq file shows world size rules of 'Tiny' using Civ3multitool savegame editor. This shows world size as 'Sandard'.

I'm really trying to find an easy way to tell which World Size rules are in effect for a custom map.

It reads them out of the WRLD header. This is the value that will be used internally to calcuate such things as the corruption modifier and tech rate modifier.

If you want to post the BIC/BIX/BIQ, then I'll check the actual rules for you - note that it is possible to have the "wrong" world size for custom maps. I found in the COTM that importing a map into the game can set the world size modifiers equal to the size of the last map played; not the imported one.

So if i use this utility to check the map size on a 1 turn saved game, that is the world size rules it's gonna use?

That import bug makes all my confusion make sense now. Sometimes it comes up tiny, other times huge or standard. I'll play with it some more till i understand it better.

Can this be modified to check the biq instead of having to start a game?

EDIT: OK... i see the only way around this is to set all the various world sizes the same depending on whatever you want the map to use. That way it doesn't matter what size map was played previously. I tested this approach and it seems to work.

Are map/mod makers generally aware of this problem?

ainwood said:
I see you've opened a bug report thread about it! :goodjob:

I could get it to read from the biq directly. Might do it if I get time, although might not solve that problem....

I asked about reading from the biq before i fully understood the problem. It wouldn't be of any use because even if the info is there, it doesn't use it.

sigh...
its me again, ainwood...
out of boredom, i tried using this utility... but seems that this won't extract the seed infos from any of my saves too...
attached is an example.
I am begin to wonder if the culprit is actually my computer, coz i had reinstall conquest, and patched it to 1.22. (btw, the civassist still won't work for me)

smphang said:
sigh...
its me again, ainwood...
out of boredom, i tried using this utility... but seems that this won't extract the seed infos from any of my saves too...
attached is an example.
I am begin to wonder if the culprit is actually my computer, coz i had reinstall conquest, and patched it to 1.22. (btw, the civassist still won't work for me)
I'll try it with this save as well. :)

plarq said:
Is my voice so weak?No one knows where's the full pack download?
I think ainwood is away at the moment. The setup in the first post is the only one I'm aware of. I guess you'll just have to be patient and wait for ainwood to get back and respond to this!

Everytime I try to use this program, I get an error saying: Run time error '53', File not found: beast.dll.

ainwood said:
If you use CivAssit II, and right-click on the world-map view, then you can get the game settings there. :)
I'm not seeing it. Was that added after the original version? :blush:

Top Bottom