Game settings - huts

Huts?

• Total voters
Off for me. I like them in SP, but not in MP.

I like them, so I voted yes. I think they are a decent cash-boost in the beginning of the game. Of course, maybe we shouldn't play with them on noble or less. We don't want to dole out free techs.

I like them, so I voted yes. I think they are a decent cash-boost in the beginning of the game. Of course, maybe we shouldn't play with them on noble or less. We don't want to dole out free techs.

Free techs are good if we get them, but that's the problem with huts, in my opinion, they're too variable. Sure we could get some gold at the beginning, but so could our opponents and they could get more or techs even though they didn't play any better than we did.

I voted on, i think it adds some variation to the game, and is a good way of kickstarting civs.

I voted on, i think it adds some variation to the game, and is a good way of kickstarting civs.

That's mainly the reason, why I said no. It may be a kickstart for civ a, but not necessarily for civ b. In short, it might be rather unbalancing.

I voted ON. However, is there a setting huts only give gold and not techs/settlers/warriors?

Yes - makes civs with scouts far more valuable. I think having this on actually balances the game better for this reason.

Let's consider this poll closed and the issue decided in favor of Huts OFF. No more voting in this poll please.:) If anyone objects, please state your reasons in this thread.

We need to start closing some of our polls so I can report our team votes to the UN.

In the future, AMAZONs making a poll should specify some ending date. Polls probably should no tbe open more than 2 or 3 days unless there is some compelling reason... but we can leave that decision up to the Poll Master.

Top Bottom