1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game settings make all the difference.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Troy Bruckner, Jul 1, 2019.

1. lotrmith

lotrmith Prince

Noone said anything about ignoring culture. Culture is important, it's right there in the post you quoted. Science is just more important.

2. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Culture > Science early game. Getting the t1 government and the governors is a massive early game power spike.

Science > Culture later on because you get more advanced units. Civics tree doesn't give you many units.

Korea is S tier. So is Greece tho. There are OP for none of the reasons listed thus far. ;)

Broad statements are usually wrong. Game size and speed and map type change a lot of things.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    BrotherInJah and lotrmith like this.
  3. Basajaun

Basajaun Warlord

Id say spawn location and nearby city states will have a bigger impact. Game speed is just a multiplier for how good/bad your start bias was.

Standard spawn? 40 turn research time. Spawn with close mercury? cut it in half.

4. Troy Bruckner

Troy Bruckner Prince

Every new government level at least through Democracy is a major power boost.
    Culture gives significantly more inspirations to science than the other way around.
    Culture is what unlocks armies etc...
    Social Media and Globalization

5. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Yea but the biggest deal is from t0-t1, and I guess Feudalism. But afterwards stuff like rationalism and globalization are meant to boost science anyways. Social Media isn't that important outside of culture victories.

At a certain point you'd probably prefer to get crossbows faster as being more important than a t2 government I would think, Zulu excepted.

lotrmith likes this.
  6. Troy Bruckner

Troy Bruckner Prince

I guess I didn't make it clear, but a culture heavy strategy is like winning a long distance race where you hang back saving up your energy and then sprint ahead late in the race. Globalization should put you at least 50% ahead in science output per turn which should erase any deficit pretty quickly. Of course there is the built in cheating on the part of the Ai where I have caught the game keeping up with me even though I am producing more than double their science output and more than 10 times their culture.

7. BrotherInJah

BrotherInJah 60% of the time works every time

Thank you, saying this from beginning.

8. lotrmith

lotrmith Prince

So it's supposed to (not really) put you 50% ahead in science from a deficit, except of course against the AI.

Also nerfed by half in GS.