Game speed. What do you play on?

I almost always play Standard - although sometimes quick or even online.

Unless someone specifies a different speed, I always assume they are talking about Standard when they describe something in turn numbers.

I almost always play on standard speed. Every now and then I mess around with other speeds (especially slower ones) but really only a handful of times since the game has been released. Like CPWimmer I assume turn times are on Standard unless otherwise stated.

Usually Epic, Marathon if I'm in the mood for a longer game. In both Civ5 and Civ6 I've frequently lamented that there's no setting between Epic and Marathon.

Always standard. I haven't got the time for a longer game, I've even become someone who doesn't finish games now, once I know I will win, I stop. (two kids just seem to eat time. I used to have 12 hour straight sessions of previous civ games)
And I don't enjoy how little time you get with things on the quicker speeds. Sure I can build those mamaluks in a shorter time frame but I can't move across hexes any quicker.

Only marathon on giant/ludicrous maps against at least 22+ other civs.

Always standard. I haven't got the time for a longer game, I've even become someone who doesn't finish games now, once I know I will win, I stop. (two kids just seem to eat time. I used to have 12 hour straight sessions of previous civ games)
And I don't enjoy how little time you get with things on the quicker speeds. Sure I can build those mamaluks in a shorter time frame but I can't move across hexes any quicker.
I know exactly what you mean. I dabble with faster speeds for that same time commitment reason.

I haven't tried it out, but I think there is a mod to help with move speed, Rocket Boots or something like that. It might make for an interesting pairing with the quicker speeds.

I'll usually play Epic, unless I'm trying something new and then I'll play Standard, or sometimes even Quick. I liked Epic so much better in Civilization 5, I just do feel something is different in Civilization 6. For multiplayer I always play Online, because I do find it's so difficult to get people even to play at all, so we can at least get some turns in if we won't continue.

normal speed. I don't know, making everything take twice as long to build doesn't really do anything for me.

Top Bottom