Game window suddenly slightly too big for my screen.

Navelgazer

King
Hello. Playing through Steam on a MacBook, and have been for a while. To my knowledge it's never done this before, but suddenly this morning the game window is just a little too big for my screen, cutting off the bottom, crucially the "play" button, but also some info at the very bottom of the screen like about units, etc.

I have no idea why this would have happened or how to fix it, wether it's an issue with Civ, Steam, or my computer, just really at a loss.

I don't have this problem in fullscreen but I need this to be in a window. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Okay, I just figured out my problem, but am posting the solution here for posterity:

I sometimes, but not usually, plus my macbook into an external monitor, because it's the power source in my wife's office. I've played Civ in that set-up before with no problem, but had never started a game in that set-up before, where the launcher assumes different parameters, I guess. Starting it off of the external monitor and then plugging that back in fixed the problem, though.

Top Bottom