Game Won't Launch

abloke999

Chieftain
I have a question and I apologise in advance if this has been asked before, please bare with me.
I purchased and installed Civ VI for Mac from Steam today 09/04/2019 and the expansion "Gathering Storm", after configuring the game options to run in windowed mode, standard settings, my Civ and three others, 6 states, all victory conditions left alone. Warlord, No barbarians, no teams.
Everything appears to go OK until I press the play button after committing all my choices and the game simply crashes and quits to desktop.

iMac 27" MacOs High Sierra 10.13.6, Processor 2.93GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB DDR3 RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB. OS fully updated yesterday.

No MOD's are installed except the game expansion "Gathering Storm".

Has anyone figured out a workaround or a fix for this problem please? Thanks Dave

I have a question and I apologise in advance if this has been asked before, please bare with me.
I purchased and installed Civ VI for Mac from Steam today 09/04/2019 and the expansion "Gathering Storm", after configuring the game options to run in windowed mode, standard settings, my Civ and three others, 6 states, all victory conditions left alone. Warlord, No barbarians, no teams.
Everything appears to go OK until I press the play button after committing all my choices and the game simply crashes and quits to desktop.

iMac 27" MacOs High Sierra 10.13.6, Processor 2.93GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB DDR3 RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB. OS fully updated yesterday.

No MOD's are installed except the game expansion "Gathering Storm".

Has anyone figured out a workaround or a fix for this problem please? Thanks Dave

Perhaps you have made the game too big, so it closes down.try a small map

Top Bottom