Bare Game won't run

purringcat

Chieftain
Trying to run CIV6 after patch with only Gathering Storm, Rise and Fall and three DLC enabled and it won't run.
Get the remove mods error. There are no user mods enabled, just official ones. FireTurner gave this info
NOTE: every game that fails has this line "Mods: Failed to create mods browser search context", even when all extra content has been disabled, that error message appears.

MainMenu: Building Headless Game Setup
MainMenu: Hiding Game Setup
JoiningRoom: OnFinishedGameplayContentConfigure() g_waitingForContentConfigure=true
JoiningRoom: OnFinishedGameplayContentConfigure() g_waitingForContentConfigure=true
LoadScreen: OnLoadGameViewStateDone
Mods: Failed to create mods browser search context!
Test: Test.LUA loaded!

Why does the game run for some and not others ? I uninstalled the game/reinstalled it am running zero mods and still get the error msg "failed to create mods browser search context". The game ran fine before their patch and I haven't purchased their new DLC. Have an Alienware I7 - 16mb ram, etc

For clarity, are you getting this error when trying to load into game pre-main menu? Or are you getting this after going through "create game"?

Could you please zip up your logs folder and post it here for us to take a look? Thanks!

Top Bottom