GameFonts.tga

phungus420

Deity
Neither glider, jdog, or I understand the GamFonts.tga file, but we need to update it, since BUG has altered theirs a little. We really need someone out there that has the know how to update RevDCM's GameFonts.tga file with the new stuff in BUG 4.3; since due to WoC's formatting and Firaxis's hardcoding of the loading of this file we can't just use BUG's. Our preference, if at all possible, would be to get 2 versions of the file, one a barbones GameFont's.tga file that is the correct size and works with WoC, but that only contains the core art needed in RevDCM (just the stuff from BtS and BUG), and another one that has every conceivable icon that can fit in it for the bigger mergers that want such a version.

I already did the font size for BUG, so I believe I can do it for RevDCM too (and that would be my little way of helping :p )
THh thing is however, I'm really crap at making art and alpha channels; so if I have material to include into the font file no pb (like what already exist in the actual file and in RoM file I believe), otherwise don't count on me to make the new icons and/or proper alpha channels ;)

Does the BUG 4.3 add some new icons that weren't in those fonts that I posted some time ago (the link to file was in another thread)? RoM fonts do have more icons than default RevDCM fonts so these could apply to your 2nd request.

Edit: Just checked BUG 4.3 gamefont and it was last edited 7.5.2009 (9 months ago) so I think all those changes were included already in previous RevDCM versions...

Oh. I've heard multiple reports that the current GameFonts.tga file that RevDCM is using is missing some icons for BUG. I could be wrong on that though, as I don't understand this file at all.

Anyway would still be nice to get a clean and neat WoC formatted GameFonts.tga, and an Expanded and enhanced one crammed with as many icons as possible.

Top Bottom