Gametrainer (Cheattool) by MegaDev

trainer has been updated for V1.0.1.141 now ;)

so Merry Christmas everybody :cool:

First time using the trainer and the unlimited movement is not working, at least not for me. I tested the "gold 5000" option, to see if that works, and it does.. but pressing the left CONTROL and F1 together does nothing at all. The +50 xp doesn't want to work either.

Just a heads up.

Just an odd question but I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with their games using the trainer. I have searched a bit and read up on the updates but haven't found anything related to reduced movement except for the marshes... but in my game, after a certain point units will only move 1-2 tiles at a time. For example, fielding a destroyer as Japan with the Great Lighthouse bonus, the Merchant Navy(?) bonus gives me a theoretical range of 10 tiles. But when I move the destroyer, it will only move one tile before exhausting all 10 movement points, which seems rather odd. Likewise, ground units will have the same problem; workers that should have 2 movement points will only move 1 tile even though it is flat ground (not to mention they moved properly until I hit the medieval era.

As for the trainer, the only features I've used are the 100k gold and the 500 strategic resources... I have recently resorted to using the unlimited movement feature since it would take 15-20 turns to move a unit where it should have only taken 5. Loading up a game that I had not used the trainer in and was also finished before the two newest updates lets me move my units properly so I don't understand what is going on.

Just wanted to add...

When I loaded the trainer, the movement does not work for me (as I stated above in my previous post) -- but I -did- notice that all my units that were active when I tried the movement cheat only move ONE tile per turn, regardless of the unit type and movement amount available to them. This happened through out the short game I played.

Just an odd question but I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with their games using the trainer. I have searched a bit and read up on the updates but haven't found anything related to reduced movement except for the marshes... but in my game, after a certain point units will only move 1-2 tiles at a time. For example, fielding a destroyer as Japan with the Great Lighthouse bonus, the Merchant Navy(?) bonus gives me a theoretical range of 10 tiles. But when I move the destroyer, it will only move one tile before exhausting all 10 movement points, which seems rather odd. Likewise, ground units will have the same problem; workers that should have 2 movement points will only move 1 tile even though it is flat ground (not to mention they moved properly until I hit the medieval era.

As for the trainer, the only features I've used are the 100k gold and the 500 strategic resources... I have recently resorted to using the unlimited movement feature since it would take 15-20 turns to move a unit where it should have only taken 5. Loading up a game that I had not used the trainer in and was also finished before the two newest updates lets me move my units properly so I don't understand what is going on.

I've noticed the same problem with the last patch, but don't know why resp. if it's a bug or a kind of rebalancing or so... however, in my opinion the "old" movement was better, but with unlimited movement cheat it doesn't matter ^^

First time using the trainer and the unlimited movement is not working, at least not for me. I tested the "gold 5000" option, to see if that works, and it does.. but pressing the left CONTROL and F1 together does nothing at all. The +50 xp doesn't want to work either.

Just a heads up.

Just wanted to add...

When I loaded the trainer, the movement does not work for me (as I stated above in my previous post) -- but I -did- notice that all my units that were active when I tried the movement cheat only move ONE tile per turn, regardless of the unit type and movement amount available to them. This happened through out the short game I played.

do you use any kind of mod?

important is that the cheat doesn't increase the movement-points of your units, but prevent decreasing them... so if you enable the cheat at the beginning of a turn, you should have unlimited movement for your units... it's also important to disable all cheats before you end your turn!

I've noticed the same problem with the last patch, but don't know why resp. if it's a bug or a kind of rebalancing or so... however, in my opinion the "old" movement was better, but with unlimited movement cheat it doesn't matter ^^

do you use any kind of mod?

important is that the cheat doesn't increase the movement-points of your units, but prevent decreasing them... so if you enable the cheat at the beginning of a turn, you should have unlimited movement for your units... it's also important to disable all cheats before you end your turn!

I am not using any mods at all.

I didn't even use the movement cheat at all. My units simply move much less than they should. A work boat, for example, moves 2 spaces and is out of moves. A caravel (which currently has 7 movement)-- will move ONE space and the tooltip says it has 2 of 7 movement left. If I move one more, it says "Out of Moves" -- all this without ever activating any cheat, just loading the trainer on a new game.

So, with this happening, I activated unlimited movement at the beginning of the next turn, and noticed NO difference in movement for all units. I deactivated before ending my turn. The next turn, no difference... meaning: no unlimited movement, and units that have movement can only move 1 or 2 spaces.

Hope this helps you resolve this issue.

ok for some unknown reason the problem doesn't occurs on all systems resp. with in any savegames... I needed 3 starts until the bug was visible to me and during 10 starts by another member of us the problem never occured... however, I've located a problem in the undo-cheat and golden-age-points cheat... I've fixed it and testing it at the moment... so within the next few days probably a fixed version will be released, thanks for reporting :thumbsup:

Will there be an update for the new version of the game?

Love the trainer!

Any idea how to get this to work in a LAN game? My friend will usually do a LAN game and just want a simple gold cheat. His computer always hosts the games. We've tried both using this trainer before in game, but it quickly re-syncs the game and set my gold levels back to normal. When only he uses the trainer (again, he's always the game host), it will allow him to use the gold cheat, and then he can gift me gold but only in small amounts, so it takes a very long time.

Hello CivFans,

if you're looking for cheats or trainers for Civ5, here's our MegaTrainer for you.

With the today released version, you can use the following options in SinglePlayer Mode:

For version 1.0.0.17
Ctrl + F1 = Unlimited Movement
Ctrl + F2 = Unlimit Attacks per Turn
Ctrl + F3 = Heal Unit
Ctrl + F4 = +50 Experience
Ctrl + F5 = +500 Great Genereal Points
Ctrl + F6 = +10 Rounds Golden Age
Ctrl + F7 = +1.000 Points Golden Age
Ctrl + F8 = +10.000 Points Culture/Socialpolitics
Shift + F1 = +5.000 Gold
Alt + X = undo (all)

For version 1.0.0.20, 1.0.0.62, 1.0.0.621, 1.0.1.135, 1.0.1.141
Ctrl + F1 = Unlimited Movement
Ctrl + F2 = Unlimit Attacks per Turn
Ctrl + F3 = Heal Unit
Ctrl + F4 = +50 Experience
Ctrl + F4 = x times +50 Experience
Ctrl + F5 = +500 Great Genereal Points
Ctrl + F5 = x times +500 Great Genereal Points
Ctrl + F6 = +10 Rounds Golden Age
Ctrl + F6 = x times +20 Rounds Golden Age
Ctrl + F7 = +1.000 Points Golden Age
Ctrl + F7 = x times +2.000 Points Golden Age
Ctrl + F8 = +10.000 Points Culture/Socialpolitics
Ctrl + F8 = x times +20.000 Points Culture/Socialpolitics
Ctrl + F9 = +15 Food in City
Ctrl + F9 = x times +15 Food in City
Ctrl + F10 = +50 Production (Units)
Ctrl + F10 = x times +150 Production (Units)
Ctrl + F11 = +200 Production (Wonder+Buildings)
Ctrl + F11 = x times +800 Production (Wonder+Buildings)
Ctrl + F12 = +200 Production (Projects)
Ctrl + F12 = x times +600 Production (Projects)
Shift + F1 = +5.000 Gold
Shift + F1 = +100.000 Gold
Shift + F2 = 500 prestige for city state
Shift + F3 = 0 used strategic resources
Shift + F4 = 500 strategic resources
Shift + F5 = x times +300 research current tech
Shift + F5 = x times +150 research to techs
Shift + F6 = +1 Citypopulation
Shift + F6 = x times +3 Citypopulation
Alt + X = Disable (all)

Download

Have fun
CCJ39 (Admin ~ MegaDev)

Edit: 2010-09-28
- trainer for 1.0.0.17 updated with Gold-Cheat
- trainer for 1.0.0.20 released including alternative cheats for Exp/GG/GA/Culture

Edit: 2010-10-01
- trainer for 1.0.0.20 includes now all missing and planed cheats

Edit: 2010-10-25
- trainer now supports 1.0.0.62

Edit: 2010-10-27
- trainer now supports 1.0.0.621

Edit: 2010-12-22
- trainer now supports 1.0.1.135

Edit: 2010-12-24
- trainer now supports 1.0.1.141​

that Megatrainer had a trojan. but I luckily checked it before I used it​

I chose version 1.0.0.17 (didn't really know which one to choose), but the gold cheat doesn't work. I clicked on the trainer and choose game and version 1.0.0.17, the game started automaticly and when I loaded my saved game (history in the making mod) I pressed left shift + f1, but nothing happens. can it be that it don't work when playing mods or that it doesn't work with the DLC's installed?

@The_J

thanks for answering faster than me :)

@00konichiwa00

if the trainer can start the game with the start-button you've installed Civ5 in original way... for this reason the game should be updated automatically by steam (in our tests it doesn't matter if you enable or disable the steam option for auto-updates, the game will always be updated automatically)... for this reason you shouldn't use the first but the latest version in the trainer... unfortunately a new update has been released this week, so the trainer shouldn't work until we've updated it again...

btw: your gameversion is visible in the mainmenu of the game

if the mods/DLCs don't use an own version of the file "CvGameCoreDLLFinal Release.dll", the trainer will be compatible, but with different/own GameCoreDLL it won't be compatible in most cases

unfortunately a new update has been released this week, so the trainer shouldn't work until we've updated it again...

Any idea when the update will be out?

@The_J

thanks for answering faster than me :)

@00konichiwa00

if the trainer can start the game with the start-button you've installed Civ5 in original way... for this reason the game should be updated automatically by steam (in our tests it doesn't matter if you enable or disable the steam option for auto-updates, the game will always be updated automatically)... for this reason you shouldn't use the first but the latest version in the trainer... unfortunately a new update has been released this week, so the trainer shouldn't work until we've updated it again...

btw: your gameversion is visible in the mainmenu of the game

if the mods/DLCs don't use an own version of the file "CvGameCoreDLLFinal Release.dll", the trainer will be compatible, but with different/own GameCoreDLL it won't be compatible in most cases

ok thanks

While we are waiting patiently for the update, when using the trainer overall, is there any button I would need to press to activate it? Other trainers I use have me press F1 to activate it.

While we are waiting patiently for the update, when using the trainer overall, is there any button I would need to press to activate it? Other trainers I use have me press F1 to activate it.

each cheat has it's own activate button, so you don't need to press one global activation-button before use the single cheats... but it's important to press the "start button" in the trainer, because this one sets the selected game and version 'active' in the trainer

I hate to be pushy, but will the trainer be updated soon?

Top Bottom