Gandhi, you jerk!

Mayor of H-Marker Lake
This is a to be a BtS SG focusing on the new diplo and espionage elements. We will play an extremely passive aggressive Gandhi who will attempt to maintain a stellar public image while engaging in the crassest abuses of power. We will never declare war and sue for peace as vigorously as possible all the while utilizing spies, culture, privateers and the diplomatic power of the Apostolic Palace and UN shamelessly.

I’m fairly new to SGing so suggestions will be appreciated. I’m thinking Noble difficulty level, 4-5 players, new and experienced folks welcome. Who would like to play?

The jerks:
TheLastOne36
negyvenketto
njorls

I have only done a few small things with espionage. I originally suggested this game so that I could learn something about how to use espionage effectively. I will have to only lurk in this game, but I would recommend variant rules such as:
- Must always run espionage slider at 30% or higher.
- Must steal at least one tech from each opponent.
- Must generate at least 5 great spies in the course of the game.

Happy spying to you all!

I'd love to join this SG. I want to learn how Espionage works aswell.

So count me in...

Also this is going to be fun! :)

(i also suggest making a huge army but never "using it" for fun! :lol: :) )

(i also suggest making a huge army but never "using it" for fun! :lol: :) )

My interpretation of BTS is that the cost of a huge army plus 30% espionage slider would cripple an economy. Something in the something I read said something to the effect of "no longer will the AI be able to build massive military without paying for it in research rate".

That tells me that the upkeep cost on troops is higher for the AI. Perhaps that just means that the AI is now level with the human? I don't know. I haven't gotten to play my BTS very much to know.

I'd really like to think that warmongering limits tech limits espionage, etc for player and AI alike.

Come on Rex T, two posts in as many hours, are you sure you don't have time for this game?

My interpretation of BTS is that the cost of a huge army plus 30% espionage slider would cripple an economy.

Maybe 30% is too high. I was hoping that the espionage points would allow for a larger amount of tech stealing to offset the lower research rate.

Some possible rules:
  • How about espionage never less than 20% until we build a spy then espionage and treasury never less than 10% each, don't we need cash in the bank to run missions also.
  • We can never declare war and should always seek cease fires and peace treaties if attacked.
  • We must accept any AI demands.

Lurker's suggestion: trade embargo demands (and war demands if they count) limit your diplomatic options in a way that might not be fun, but other demands still give you flexibility.

Jet's right. Being forced to close open borders /end trade sucks.

Besides what if a civ demands we declare war on someone?

Good point, I think we all get the basic idea, lets just play the game and not bother with strick rules like that then.

Welcome negyvenketto. I may start tonight, are there any opinions on map script (big and small, with continents and Island chains is new), standard size, normal speed, nobel difficulty.

Decided to use the new hemispheres map. 2 snaky continents with a few tiny islands. Standard size map, Noble difficulty.

We need a religion to build Apostolic Palace, so I went for Meditation first. We’ll need Alphabet to build spies and Privateers can be built with chemistry if we have copper or iron. That’s a ways off but let keep it in mind ‘cuz we’ll have more fun if we get them early.

So we just founded Buddhism and I started fishing.

LastOne is up.

How many turns are we supposed to play? Only 10 at the beginning of the game is a bit slow IMO. After fishing I would go for AH then Mining, BW. Instead of a 3rd warrior I would prefer a scout (we started with Hunting).

Next time a more detailed report would be appreciated.

We hold a choke point in our continent. I noticed we have Sea, a city, then Lake, 1 plot of land then sea.

In that 1 plot of land we could consider building a fort there so our ships could get through our city to the lake, then through the fort to the other side. That would be very convinent later on in the game.

I agree with Negyvenketto on his points.

Also a better detailed map would've been appreciated since in my turnset i should be building our first city.

I'm likely to began my turns tomoroo. But first i would like to know how much turns i should play. And i would also like some other group members to post some of there ideas so i know what to do for my turnset.

We start with mining and mysticism and just finished meditation. Fishing will let us work the water and get some bling. Then we can go hunting/animal husbandry or bronze working. So we can't build a scout yet. Our current choices are warrior, worker or monastery.

10 turns is a little slow now but it'll pick up fast.

Yeah, we need Agri or Hunting for AH. Since I don't see any Hunting resources but I do see Rice I'd go with Ag. But that may change before fishing comes in. Or hunting if you think scouts would help.

That fort idea is interesting, forts act as cities now and boats can move through them? We could go thru the city then up thru the river then either NW or SW thru the fort?

In the meantime a city on the west coast would be nice, otherwise the workboat from Delhi might have to win circumnav race before it gets to the other side :)

Top Bottom