Gandhi, you jerk!

We start with mining and mysticism
Sorry, it was my fault. I did't check the save just the reference chart and it's a bug :(
In this case I would go for BW to see where is copper for the 2nd city if not near the capital.
But Agri is fine, too.

ok let's start!

Before turn: i look around... nothing much. no clue where a second city should be.

Turn 1: nada
Turn 2: Nada
turn 3: we get experience from a hut.
Turn 4: nada
Turn 5: nada
Turn 6: Nada
Turn 7: Warrior came in, start fast worker, whatever we were researching before compeltes and we go agriculture.
Turn 8: it apears the other civs are to the south, nothing to the north to my suprise. i would like to get a city to a choke point to the south.
Turn 9: 49 gold in a hut. Hinduism Founded somewhere else.
Turn 10: nada.

Save:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/108694/Gandhi_BC-3320.CivBeyondSwordSave

Screenshots for lurkers and others@work :)
Our south with some possible city locations, would be good to know where are the metals.

North

Got it. Will play tomorrow.

i didn't see that (is)land there. good eyes.

I didn't bother putting up pictures as nothing much happened. (reason why there should be 15 turn not 10)

Sorry guys I had bad luck :(
The first 10 turns were reasonable but I decided to play 3 more to make it 30 (2800BC)
Switched production from worker to work boat, 'cos he can't do any really useful thing before AH.

I found a hut, felt lucky

He survived :goodjob:
But the next event made me :mad:

Here they are

How can you describe this event? I can't find words :gripe:
Switched production from worker to warrior. Moved the warrior to the south forest to attract them north instead of our single-warrior-defended capital. One died 3 remaining.

We met Gilgamesh

He is somewhere here

The save

bad luck there....

i say we need more warriors, and get archery to protect our poor defensless capital.

I also say we should settle the choke point as soon as possible.

Turn 0: (2800 BC, Turn 30): I MM in Delphi to get the warrior out in 2 turns

Turn 1: Something good happens! We get +1 :commerce: on the clams spot. Not bad, we'll work that spot the whole game.

Turn 2: AH is in, no horses in sight. :wallbash: I select Bronze Working, figuring our worker chopping out trees in an emergency will help more, and there's always Slavery. We need those cows hooked up and the worker will have nothing to do after that.

Turn 7: Worker is in, start another warrior. Worker starts pasture on cows. MM Delphi to get BW done 1 turn sooner. I move other warrior out trying to get the stupid barbs to attack him in the woods.

Turn 8: Hut, but big scary lions and no cover in getting there. I decide to go for it.

Turn 9: Warrior scout still avoiding lions but trying to get to hut.

Turn 10: BW is in, I change to Slavery. MM Delphi to get warrior out faster. I move barb hunter warrior to a known safe spot, will be able to move 1NE to forest on the next turn. 2 sources of copper:

and

Warrior faked the lions and has a clear path to the hut.

I set research to Hunting for Archery since our next settling party most likely will have to run the gauntlet to the bronze spot. Speaking of which, the only way to get bronze and fish means settling on wheat, whipping monument at 2 pop, and border pop. Wheel and Sailing can be done during the mean time.

Or we can just make do with archery and settle a gold city next for some commerce and research. 2N, 1E of Rice gets us a rice and gold city on the coast.

A picture of our surrounding land:

*Edit*: Not sure why I changed research to Wheel :blush:

Attachments

• Gandhi BC-2400.CivBeyondSwordSave
    63.1 KB · Views: 62
i agree on settling the wheat first, then trying for a choke point city, then filling up the rest of our part of the continent.

They're still just regular barbarians, right? On noble they can't enter our cities for some time right?
Never heard that before :confused:
At least on vanilla you couldn't pop barbs from a hut while had only 1 city. But I did here.

The city on wheat is fine with me. Another costal city to work rice and gold could follow the choke city. We still have some unexplored land, is a scout worth it or we just build troops and settlers?

i say we take time on the exploring. i mean it's not like were going to settle out of the choke point any time soon.

besides let the ai's exploring scouts and warriors to come to us, insetad of us coming to them.

if we cut of the choke point, then imagine how big the empire would grow! we have that entire part of the continent!

Never heard that before :confused:
At least on vanilla you couldn't pop barbs from a hut while had only 1 city. But I did here.

What I meant was there's 3 stages of barbarians: animals, then troops like warriors and archers that don't enter city limits, then axes/archers/warriors that do enter city limits. We're still at the 1st stage, those archers are going to wander aimlessly for a while (none tried to enter during my turnset), we have some time to deal with them. I bet cat and mouse with the warrior we have and another warrior can deal with them.

Just to make sure, the choke point is the cow/clam/sugar city right?

*Edit*: not sure if we need a scout, the exploring warrior gets woodsman 2 next fight, can probably get that off the lions, that should be able to handle exploration for a while.

lurker comment

If things haven't changed since Warlords, barbs only enter in any civ territory when the number of cities in the land mass where they are equals or is superior to n+1, with n being the number of civs in that land mass.

Busy week but I'm looking over the situation right now.

I really wish we had horses, that's right on the tech path we want to take also, but since we don't, I'm afraid Hunting/Archery (4 and 6 turns) might be the way to go.

It could be dangerous and expensive taking care of those archers with our warriors and by the time we settle, mine and connect that copper those dudes will be entering our territory.

The next move for our worker is to mine a hill which means a forest chop, so I think we'll have a settler in 10 or so. I think we should consider going south to maximise our land and as for settling that wheat...lets leave some room and resources for other cities up there. just south of the wheat or NW of that copper looks good too.

2400: worked forest/silk instead of clam, warrior in 2.

2360: get 96 gold from hut, barbs come out to play, warrior ducks into forest river and waits.

2320: the sun shines brightly on India.

2280: barb archer crosses river and dies attacking warrior. Forest chop provides 20 hammers toward settler.

2240: finish Hunting and start Archery which is 2 turns cheaper now that we have the prereq.

2160: discover a hut being terrorized by bears.

2120: archer comes down from the hills to attack our warrior in the woods, tough fight but they are vanquished. Just one left.

2080 da bears cross the river and are killed easily. Our fur clad woodsman II warrior enters the village. The gratful primitives shower them with gifts (38 gold). Finish archery, and mine. Settler due in 2 but where should he go?

Just 8 turns, cuz it’s a good stopping point. Moving the citizen back from silk to clams will finish wheel in 5. We’ll have enoughj EP to see Gilgamesh’s demographics next turn.

Here are some thoughts on city placement, (those tags can be removed by pressing Alt+s and left cliking.)

Ah, thats better.

i think site 1 should be in the wheat for the copper. And site 2 should be the choke point. just stating...

The numbers are just for reference. Nothing to do with the order we settle them.

If we settle in the wheat we loose that early food tile and instead get an extra, usless, desert tile and a fish that will require us to build a workboat. The difference is only 1 extra food, lets keep the wheat tile for our citizens.

Top Bottom