Gandhi's love for Nukes

TheMarshmallowBear

Benelovent Chieftain of the Ursu Kingdom
While i play on difficulty which usually doesn't let the AI get to Modern Era, I was wondering.

It is widely known that Gandhi loves bombing the player with Nukes, which we all know isn't a real-life accuracy.

His Nuke flavor is set to 12 (or however it's called), which is the highest of all the leaders.

So let me ask you all this.

IF given the chance.

Would you want the devs to fix this (which a lot of people assumed is a typo)

Or would you want it to leave it unchanged?

If I could change it, I probably would, and set his spaceship flavour higher instead.

It was just another meme (in Civ 1 every Civ had the same likelihood of researching nukes so it was funny when Gandhi backed his kind words with NUCLEAR WEAPONS). If anything, nuke flavour should be totally random for all Civs including Gandhi... in other words it shouldn't be a flavour at all.

While i play on difficulty which usually doesn't let the AI get to Modern Era, I was wondering.

It is widely known that Gandhi loves bombing the player with Nukes, which we all know isn't a real-life accuracy.

His Nuke flavor is set to 12 (or however it's called), which is the highest of all the leaders.

So let me ask you all this.

IF given the chance.

Would you want the devs to fix this (which a lot of people assumed is a typo)

Or would you want it to leave it unchanged?

I think it's probably a deliberate joke, not something that needs a fix. Having said that, of course, real-life India has come close to nuclear war several times, so it's possible it's intended to represent the country rather than Gandhi's attitude specifically.

Imho it's a joke, not a typo. Doesn't really need a fix either, as on higher difficulties where any AI gets nukes, they will use them gladly against warmongers, no matter what their nuke flavor value in the XML is.

I think it's probably a deliberate joke, not something that needs a fix. Having said that, of course, real-life India has come close to nuclear war several times, so it's possible it's intended to represent the country rather than Gandhi's attitude specifically.

I agree. I feel as though in Civ V the developers tried to represent each civ more broadly and not in the narrow context of the leader. For example, Napoleon as the leader of France with "Ancien Regime" as his UA.

If I could change it, I probably would, and set his spaceship flavour higher instead.

It was just another meme (in Civ 1 every Civ had the same likelihood of researching nukes so it was funny when Gandhi backed his kind words with NUCLEAR WEAPONS). If anything, nuke flavour should be totally random for all Civs including Gandhi... in other words it shouldn't be a flavour at all.

Ideally, Gandhi would be replaced by Ashoka as the Indian leader. Sure, Gandhi is more well known... but what he's known for doesn't really suit the game all that well.

Shouldn't his Nuke flavor be 10 at most? he's the only leader in the whole table to have a flavor above 10 I believe (or a flavor of 12)

Shouldn't his Nuke flavor be 10 at most? he's the only leader in the whole table to have a flavor above 10 I believe (or a flavor of 12)

The leader flavours are randomly adjusted so they may be +/- 2 of the fixed number. i.e. if someone has a flavour in 8, it could be anywhere between 6 and 10 in the game.

They made it 12 so his flavour will always be 10 in every game. If it was 10, then he will only have a flavour of 8 in some games, have a chance of deciding not to nuke anyone during the endgame, and wouldn't that be a disaster.

The leader flavours are randomly adjusted so they may be +/- 2 of the fixed number. i.e. if someone has a flavour in 8, it could be anywhere between 6 and 10 in the game.

They made it 12 so his flavour will always be 10 in every game. If it was 10, then he will only have a flavour of 8 in some games, have a chance of deciding not to nuke anyone during the endgame, and wouldn't that be a disaster.

Oh, aaah.. that makes sense, I didn't know the numbers change in-game.

I think it should stay, it brings back fond memories for those of us who played Civ 1.

Top Bottom