The_Coyote

Emperor
next model of my sub plan

the Gato class, used by the US in WW2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gato_class_submarine

model has 1300 vertices, 1274 triangles and a 256 texture

uses Gato (changed submarine) animation, separate download

scalefor picture: 0.6

Has somebody a idea why this sub only makes a half dive (upper parts of the tower still visible) when attaking? I still found no solution. (solution found, see edit)

Edit: added animation

Edit2: added file to DB, deleted files in opening post and added complete animation (sorry!)

DB: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9142

Ciao
The_Coyote

Attachments

• demo.jpg
    demo.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 793
  • GatoAnimation.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 210
Most excellent... very well done!

Looks cool.

Does she dive completely when fortifying ? IIRC attack runs from 'fortify' position...

Looks cool.

Does she dive completely when fortifying ? IIRC attack runs from 'fortify' position...

first thanks

second: no :(, same problem there, see pic, i also had the same problem with the XXIII

(what i tried so far unsuccessful: all nodes which could affect the dive level raised, select smaller scale [i thought there is a fixed dive level, so smaller model, but ...], changed center of the object [first it was on the level where the dived sub hits the surface])

Attachments

• problem.jpg
    problem.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 193
The Model is aligned in the game based on the World Coordinates Center (0.0.0) not on the model center. Perhaps it's why moving the model origin did not help. If you turn on the grid on the XY plane, it's where the water surface will be in the game.

Scaling on the other hand takes place around the model local origin (Pivot). This can produce weird results sometimes.

It's best to alighn the model in a way, that the world center is on the level where you want the water to be while the ship is surfaced. Then move the origin of the ship to 0/0/0 as well. Then, if you scale the model, it will stay on the same level related to the water.

I am not sure however, how this will interact with the usual NifViewer techniques - i.e. what happens when you link the mesh to another node in NidScope/Viewer

Do you use Max or Blender ?

Good work sah!

@ Refar

thanks again, but i´m not sure if i understood your point, but perhaps there is a misunderstanding. The picture shows the ships fortyfied, getting the right level for the subs works ok for me. Only when there is a dive, the subs don´t dive deep enough. I don´t see the solution for this (sorry if i misread something).

Nevertheless i found out that i can change the dive level in the kf - files (the same way like i modified the avenger to get the mosquito). Now i only have to made an animation for the dive level of the Gato and a sub between the Gato and the standard sub :(

PS: i use Blender

Edit: made a changed submarine animation (changed dive deep), see pic below. Download first post

Attachments

• demo_2.jpg
    demo_2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 242
Good to see you fixed her :D

Somewhat redundant info at this point, but perhaps helpful on next one...
The picture shows the ships fortyfied, getting the right level for the subs works ok for me. Only when there is a dive, the subs don´t dive deep enough.
What i wrote was meant to explain, why scaling her down and moving unit center up did not help.
The animation is based around her surfaced position - so to put her a bit deeper while surfaced, will make her dive deeper as well. This of course only gives you limited freedom, without making her look bad on surface.
Spoiler :

@ Refar

thanks a lot again, this time i understood your point :) and it will be surely helpful for the next models

added the complete animation (they missed two files), dl in theDB zip or opening post

Top Bottom