Gauntlet ideas?

AFAIK, Gauntlets are BtS maps, so how about:

1: Donut (Ocean middle)
2: Playing Protective leaders in different environs (this trait has been discussed much and a couple of protective gauntlets might be able to shape a better picture of the usefulness of the trait for some of the players.).
3: Terra maps;
a) as Joao, Ragnar, Hannibal or Willem
b) against Joao, Ragnar, Hannibal or Willem
c) a mix !
d) Maybe a scenario where you'd choose which seafarer to play?

But they won't allow Donut.

Anyway, I was wondering if you'd ever do a goal other than the usual VCs. Like, control all Holy Cities and convert every AI to your religion.

Or something more modern, like controlling every corporation.

Or how about this: OCC domination. You need a Perm Alliance and you get to gift tech/ units to them to do all the fighting.

Ooo, here's a good one: Reasearch slider must remain at 0%, no scientist specialits!. Encourage people to use an EE (Espionage Economy). Make the VC diplo, culture, or Space!, so you at least need to research something.

ooh,

How about your choice of French leader, Conquest of Terra, on Marathon Speed, where you get to play it at any difficulty level?

Just an idea that popped into my head: :mischief:

(I actually would like to see Gauntlets that are well defined, but with an open difficulty level, as a way of helping people get EQM at their chosen level.)

To me that would kind of defeat the purpose of the Gauntlet. I like to compare against other HoF'ers to see how far behind I am of the best. I also get great tips and strategies from you all. I think that would be harder if some were playing Emperor and some Chieftan as the strategy would be completely different.

That is just my 2 sense in the deal..

I'd ban marathon speed for minor gauntlets unless they are OCC's. 2 weeks isn't long enough for more than 2 attempts tops at the speed I play.

We need some high level minors now that gauntlets only count towards EQMs of their level or below. Thinking up a deity minor will be tricky though, the only one to date was a duel Quechua rush which is banned for EQM anyway. A deity minor is out of my league anyway but I'd like to see someone come up with some ideas

Civs, I'd like to see some protective ones as a requirement.

I agree with WastinTimes suggestion (some time ago in a gauntlet thread) re gauntlets where multiple map types should be allowed for some gauntlets (e.g. continents/hemispheres/x&small say, or single landmass types). I think that might require extra coding from the HOF staff though.

Obviously keep picking gauntlets with tables that are empty or have only a couple of entries (except small map domination (EDIT: normal speed) on Emperor of course, where I have the only entry in that table ;))

I think it should be scenarios that you wouldn't normally do when pursuing normal HoF spots. Like how nobody would deliberately try and get their fastest conquest win using an archipelago map.

Throwing a few ideas out.

OCC Diplo, on lower than prince.
Quick Time on Emperor, with domination and culture victories disabled.
Varied Era starts with leaders whos UU and UB are good to the era.
OOC Space with PA off.
Culture, Always War, Aggressive AI, Random Personalities, Noble.

In the pre-historic era there was an OCC Space Race Gauntlet on tiny map Warlord level against both Khans.

How about repeating this in BtS?

Great thread and great ideas. I was messing around with the scenarios that came with BtS and I think that the Charlamagne one or the Babylonian gods one, might be interesting for a change of pace.

OOC Domination sounds good, how about OCC Religious?

EDIT: See below....oops, OCC

What the hell is OOC?
i know
One
City
Challenge

but never heard OOC

Anyway, I was wondering if you'd ever do a goal other than the usual VCs. Like, control all Holy Cities and convert every AI to your religion.

Or something more modern, like controlling every corporation.

None of the options above are possible with our current coding. Plus, we'd have to create new vc's to do it.

Or how about this: OCC domination.

Check G-Minor 40.

with domination and culture victories disabled.

The current HOF rules state that all victory settings must be checked and I don't see us changing that anytime soon.

I was messing around with the scenarios that came with BtS and I think that the Charlamagne one or the Babylonian gods one, might be interesting for a change of pace.

This has been asked before and we don't see us adding scenarios anytime soon.

Keep the ideas coming. You all have several that sound really good and may be used in the future, if not right now.

Are religious victories usually OCC? Why didn't I think of that for the Gauntlet a while back? D'oh!! :eek::cry::sad:

Anyway, most of the games I submit I try to match my opponents historically unless I don't want to go against Protectives or ones starting with a certain tech, for example:

as Mayans or Aztecs against the Spanish,
Americans verses the English
ancient civs like Egypt, Rome, Greece, Persia and Carthage on inland
Celts versus England and Rome

What about an OCC religious/diplo game on an archipelago map?
Space race on a map with fewer health resources and a non-expansive leader versus all expansive AI leaders?

Sooty's Magic Words Gauntlet

Opponents must include Isabella, Elizabeth, Bismarck.

So we can say "Izzy, Lizzy, Let's Get Bizzy" ;)

EDIT: Suryavarman looks a bit like Sooty, so we could play as him. Soo (the panda) looks a bit like Wang Kon, so maybe put him in as well. I don't think Sweep (dog) resembles any civ leaders though (maybe Louis?).

Top Bottom