1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Gauntlet Suggestions

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Ozbenno, Nov 2, 2011.

1. vadalaz

vadalaz Chieftain

King/Standard is probably the sweet spot then. Quick pace raises the difficulty (likely more so than going Emperor) and OCC games don't take long to play anyway. Emperor is a bit of a trade-off: more competent AIs will give you better deals, trade routes and potentially Research Agreements, but there's going to be more competiton for CSs and wonders, especially in the early game, and killing the culture leaders is a much bigger investment if you choose that route.

Pocatello is fine, though I think I'd prefer a civ with more lingering bonuses.

2. zenmaster

zenmaster Chieftain

Happy New Year, all!

I agree wholeheartedly that Standard would be the best speed, and I would also not prefer Pocatello (already omnipresent in Gauntlets and the HoF boards in general)

I will suggest Thailand. Those City-State bonuses will help out the OCC throughout the game and will make getting CS allies an even more worthy goal to fit into the strategy.

3. Lernon

Lernon Chieftain

Agreed. Any civ with CS bonuses should help with OCC.