Gauntlet Suggestions

(Correct, Emperor. I said Immortal in my previous post, meant Emperor.)

OK, there should be a 3rd game visible on the gauntlet tab in the HOF. The two games we have been playing are extended to 5/15/20, and....

G-Major for May is
Any leader, science victory required.
Emperor, small Boreal map, standard pace.
ONE CITY CHALLENGE
RAGING BARBS.

As I look at the list of little-played civs, I am thinking how I have always wanted to just let the Ottoman naval capturing run wild but have never gotten around to it.

Turkey, Huge, Tiny Islands, Standard speed, maybe Warlord , give or take a level? Maybe even throw in raging barbarians for more ship capture possibilities...

I looked back 3-1/2 years, to September 2016, found that there has been only ONE gauntlet with Suleiman during that time.

I found the following for the month of May on historyplace.com:
May 20, 325 A.D. - The Council of Nicaea, the first ecumenical council of Catholic Church was called by Constantine I, first Christian Emperor of the Roman Empire.​

I found the following for Constantine on Wikipedia.com:
Constantine the Great: The age of Constantine marked a distinct epoch in the history of the Roman Empire. He built a new imperial residence at Byzantium and renamed the city Constantinople (now Istanbul) after himself (the laudatory epithet of "New Rome" emerged in his time, and was never an official title). It became the capital of the Empire for more than a thousand years, the later eastern Roman Empire, being referred to as the Byzantine Empire by modern historians.
Then, near the end of May, I found this on historyplace.com
May 29, 1453 - The city of Constantinople was captured by the Turks, who renamed it Istanbul. This marked the end of the Byzantine Empire as Istanbul became the capital of the Ottoman Empire.​

So I thought "Hey, let's get the old neighborhood back together, we'll see if 'Friends and Enemies' is still a thing!" G-Minor CLXXVII is now visible on the gauntlet tab of the HOF. It will run from 5/15/20 through 6/30/20. It's the Ottomans, but it's on Large Islands, not Tiny. After all, both of their unique units are land-based, so (if you get to Renaissance...) you'll have a better chance to use them. And please don't miss Raging Barbs (yeah, twice in a row). Raging Barbs are important, because there might be a Steam Achievement in play here (and I actually don't think I ever got this one). I say "might be", because I have read that it is broken, and thus not be achievable, but here it is:

Barbary Pirate - Suleiman (Ottoman Empire) - As Suleiman, accumulate a navy with 10 Barbarian naval units.​

Also, remember that G-Major CIV (Persia domination) and G-Minor CLXXVI (Maya time/score) both end tomorrow, Friday, 5/15/20.

Possible idea: OCC time game. Sounds contradictory, but less tedious.
Maybe any-civ, maybe fixed.

Possible idea: OCC time game. Sounds contradictory, but less tedious.
Maybe any-civ, maybe fixed.
I did this for my time game to complete Veni Vidi Vici, was fun to build 100% of the world wonders in a single city. :lol:

Top Bottom