1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GEM] Kaitzilla vs. The World

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Stories & Tales' started by Kaitzilla, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Seraiel

Seraiel Deity

I should have read this earlier to tell you @Kaitzilla about the strategy of fending of Barb-Spears in the defense by forcing them to attack over a River and maybe even onto a Hill. You're doing fine against the non-Barb-AI but against Barbs you probably just lacked a training game, I once played against Raging Barbs on Deity without the GW and successfully fended them off with Shock-Chariots and Fug-Busting.

Also, if you have got random events on, which are better than no-random-events, you may now found the next city on the Gold or Stone to chop out the Mids, if you already have BW and Masonry.

2. Seraiel

Seraiel Deity

And I wanted to write:

01: Don't pillage AI-Improvements, your captured capital could produce a faster Settler with them and you'd have more Worker-turns for chopping into the Pyramids.
    02: Though it is correct to build units in a war, try to do with less Chariots in this war, with Fog-Busting you already have the correct number of units against the Barbs and could focus on Granaries already.

Seraiel.

3. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

lol

Do you know who Kaitzilla is?

He holds the official record for the highest score in the history of Civ IV at 11 million points, I don't know what was going on in that save but not being aware of fog busting wasn't it I'm sure :lol:

4. Seraiel

Seraiel Deity

5. Seraiel

Seraiel Deity

Read the 4th page. I'd have kept the Barb-city, even with maintenance because of your 6 Workers being able to chop out units/buildings.

I notice that I am gaining map-knowledge though and this is why I first will need to wait for my Birthday and afterwards I'll start my own game on GEM.

I need to state that when giving feedback, I only later refered to the page until which I read, I hope it is understandable that I don't want to edit all of my posts.

If only looking at the first four pages I need to ask if Barbs on Giant Earth Mod are more aggressive than on normal Deity, I think @Tachywaxon wrote so too, but I'm not sure if I truely read that, even with reading @Tachywaxon' s thread closely, healthy brain.

Shall I play Germany (my own Country) , Egypt (Tachywaxons pick) or Turkya (Kaitzilla) ?

6. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

I'm glad you enjoyed my playthrough of this mod of Giant Earth. :D

It took me 2 months of constant play to take my game to 1AD.
    The map is really big!

I vote Germany.