[GEM] Kaitzilla vs. The World

Not to mention that the game may be evil and actually place Cupac on his home turf ( I forgot to check and see if you had TSL active or not). Cupac under these conditions especially at home is scary.

I meant to ask because I'm curious, with the rate your expanding, map size and conditions, as well as upkeep costs, are you still staying in slavery for the long haul?

Doesn't Versailles also reduce maintenance costs as well on this map? Different mods have NW and wonders do different things, so was curious as it's been forever since I've played this one.

Now is also a good time to study War Weariness. :gripe:

I did look into this during SGOTM22. The post you quoted has a couple errors.

The numbers shown in the scoreboard already include all modifiers.

You can get a city's unhappiness with:

unhappiness = WW_scoreboard * pop / 1000 * city_mods

(city_mods is the sum of all mods from buildings and civics. 1000 is the PERCENT_ANGER_DIVISOR from GlobalDefines.xml)

The map size mod on this giant map is 30%
Difficulty and per era mods are only applied for the AI, not the human player.
The base mod is 2.

That means the number shown in the scoreboard is calculated by:

WW_scoreboard = 2 * 0.3 * active_WW

Pretty sure that a SoZ mod would be applied here as well.

The correct WW values for attacking/defending are:
Your unit attacks their unit=+3 if you lose, +2 if you win
Their unit attacks your unit =+2 if you lose, +1 if you win

Very good point about the trade routes. Even if you meet the New World at Optics, you wouldn't get trade routes without Astro. That city could be really valuable. Of course, whatever trade routes you get would be lost if you are at war with the Japanese or the Yue/Chinese. But I wouldn't expect them to last very long in a war against you anyway. ;)

Pre-Astro intercontinental foreign trades routes would be great ya.

Not to mention that the game may be evil and actually place Cupac on his home turf ( I forgot to check and see if you had TSL active or not). Cupac under these conditions especially at home is scary.

I meant to ask because I'm curious, with the rate your expanding, map size and conditions, as well as upkeep costs, are you still staying in slavery for the long haul?

Doesn't Versailles also reduce maintenance costs as well on this map? Different mods have NW and wonders do different things, so was curious as it's been forever since I've played this one.

Barbs did kill off Monty, so I'd expect Inca to be huge in South America. :yup:

Versailles acts exactly like an extra Forbidden Palace.
The only problem is it is very expensive and getting Divine Right is a pain.

I'll be sure to check the wonders and make sure GEM didn't change them, thanks for the reminder. :)

I will probably ditch Slavery for Caste when Workshops get good or I'm in a Golden Age and want to switch to Caste+Pacifism for a time.
Caste is also good for flipping AI into Caste with spies to hurt their war production.

I did look into this during SGOTM22. The post you quoted has a couple errors.

(city_mods is the sum of all mods from buildings and civics. 1000 is the PERCENT_ANGER_DIVISOR from GlobalDefines.xml)

The map size mod on this giant map is 30%
Difficulty and per era mods are only applied for the AI, not the human player.
The base mod is 2.

The correct WW values for attacking/defending are:
Your unit attacks their unit=+3 if you lose, +2 if you win
Their unit attacks your unit =+2 if you lose, +1 if you win

This is fantastic information Pollina :love:
You should make an updated BTS War Weariness guide for the strategy articles section for sure.

This part explains why my attacks on Khmer increased my scoreboard WW less than I thought it should.
My displayed Scoreboard War Weariness is only 60% of the actual raw War Weariness.

Simply excellent!
I'll be sure to use the correct attack/defend values too.
Figures the map size modifier would be 30%.
Glad to see the mod maker put a decent amount of thought into it.

Shall I make war on the Yue next? :viking:

My war with Khmer went so well, I have a large army sitting on their borders and they took tremendous losses retaking Cherokee, taking Bantu, and failing to take Banteay Kdei.
My :espionage: efforts reveal their 14 city empire to be defended thusly:
Spoiler :

Most Yue forces seem to be centered on Cherkoee which is near my main army.
The capital has a huge fleet of ships.
Chen'an and Ying are both guarded by 3 Axes, which makes prime targets for Chariot rushes.

Some of the downsides are that I can't make any war bribes until Khmer dies in 2 turns.
Lots of civs like Yue. (14 of them :eek:)
Yue has a massive fleet and numerous island cities that will be troublesome to conquer.
Yue has tech parity with me, which means I'll face Catapults and War Elephants alongside Triremes.
Spoiler :

Strategic Resources:
I could cancel my trade of Ivory to Yue right now. :mischief:
He's got at least 3 sources of Iron though.
Spoiler :

My army is huge, concentrated, and can overwhelm multiple cities in the first turns of war.
If everything falls my way, all mainland Yue cities could fall very quickly.
Spoiler :

Obviously it would be a great idea to wait 2 turns, finish off Khmer, heal up, and see if I can bribe Yue to attack someone or Japan to attack Yue. (China is Friendly with Yue :()
It would be great to get Yue distracted before the war starts.

Ignore Cherokee and go all out against the Yue core cities?
Form a wide front and attack 5 cities at once?
Focus on Cherokee and the main Yue army first?
Hmm...

Ignoring the naval campaign and the Yue island cities at the start is almost a requirement.
Should still have a small amount of defenders in southern Khmer in case of amphibious invasion.

My re-supply of fresh units is lacking with my entire empire focused on Markets and economic buildings.
Only Pataliputra with Heroic Epic is cranking out 14xp Catapults every turn.
2 other cities are making units every 4 or 5 turns.
Might have to whip Khmer cities hard, especially the former Khmer capital with 13 pop and 2 settled Great Generals.
It could make a lot of whipped Swordsmen (City Raider III) because of Vassalage. :lol:
Spoiler :

All those Diety cities with 2 or 3 defenders and no giant stack of doom.
I almost have to attack.
The severe diplomatic consequences will have to be swallowed.

My thanks on the responses. While I am no Deity player, it is refreshing to pick up quite a few tips from your write-ups... Not to mention chiming in with the occasional thought :mischief:.

I'd suggest to first finish off Khmer, then test any potential diplomatic subterfuge, and only after that go on the offensive againt Yue.
Just focus on conquering the continental cities, then you can ceasefire or even make peace for some time, while assessing the situation: would it be worth the effort to build a navy from scratch and go island hopping to finish off Yue? Or might it be better to just leave Yue to his remaining islands, maybe even vassalize the guy? (Though with the insane maintenance costs of this mod, I'm not sure that would be viable).

I am drooling over the idea of classical era island warfare. I am seeing potential issues in the time it would take however as you would need to put units on fleets and move them out to the islands. If you could switch Pataliputra to producing swordsmen for a few turns (about 6-8) you could possibly create a small secondary army with its own navy that would just take care of island hopping. These units could also later be used for other island hopping ventures in south-east Pacific.
Also is there an Australian civ in this game?

I'd suggest to first finish off Khmer, then test any potential diplomatic subterfuge, and only after that go on the offensive againt Yue.
Just focus on conquering the continental cities, then you can ceasefire or even make peace for some time, while assessing the situation: would it be worth the effort to build a navy from scratch and go island hopping to finish off Yue? Or might it be better to just leave Yue to his remaining islands, maybe even vassalize the guy? (Though with the insane maintenance costs of this mod, I'm not sure that would be viable).

Sounds good.

The islands are a good question.
Will give it some thought.

I am drooling over the idea of classical era island warfare. I am seeing potential issues in the time it would take however as you would need to put units on fleets and move them out to the islands. If you could switch Pataliputra to producing swordsmen for a few turns (about 6-8) you could possibly create a small secondary army with its own navy that would just take care of island hopping. These units could also later be used for other island hopping ventures in south-east Pacific.
Also is there an Australian civ in this game?

City Raider III Catapults are much stronger than CRIII Swords.
Pataliputra is single-handedly ruining the world cranking out a Catapult per turn.

I'll see if I can squeeze an island hopping force from the Khmer cities.
Thanks to Vassalage, cities without Barracks can make City Raider Swords, and cities with Barracks can make City Raider II Swords.

Australia is in this game, represented by Lincoln. :)

Turnset 103 (T341 to T342)

T341 Continued - Dye connect to empire!

All 5 sources of Calendar Happiness (Sugar, Incense, Spices, Silk, and Dye) now have plantations.

Longbow 2-pop whipped cold in Angkor Thom to garrison Yasoharapura. (Overflow into Hindu Missionary)
Courthouse 2-pop whipped in Istanbul.
Forge 3-pop whipped in Estruscan. (Overflow into Market)
Forge 3-pop whipped in Bukhara.

Canceled Ivory to Yue for 2:gold: per turn so Goujian can no longer build War Elephants.
Yue does not have Feudalism or Civil Service.
14 Civs are Pleased or Friendly with Yue currently.

T342 - Great Artist born in Hungary.

Hungary is the 1st civ to tech Music! :culture:
As usual with this mod and Friendly AI's not trading their techs, Hungary won't trade Music because Stephen is building the Sistine Chapel.
Spoiler :

England demanded that I cancel my deals with Carthage.
Haha no.

Yasodharapura and Pre Rup came out of revolt and laid down borders. :)

Inquisition removed all foreign religions in Memphis. (Egypt)
Inquisition removed all foreign religions in Dor. (???)

Khmer converted to Christianity.

Lingapura's defenses have been reduced to 0%.
Will attack next turn.
Spoiler :

Gah!
Khmer has another city somewhere named Krong Chaktomuk. :shake:
I have absolutely no idea where it is.
Spoiler :

It must be down in the islands somewhere.
A Galley could drop off a Settler anywhere and found a city.
Trading maps with Japan just became an important goal.
Once I know where it is, I can squash it and end the Khmer war once and for all.
**Edit**
Ok, Civ Illustrated says Japan will never trade their map.
I'll have to do things the hard way. :trouble:

Yasodharapura is a good showcase showing how a garrison unit and clever tile thefts from surrounding cities prevent starvation.
By whipping a Forge first, I'll be able to get good overflows on Courthouse and Swordsman whips later.
Spoiler :

I've decided on my Yue strategy and have broken my army into 4 pieces.:cowboy:
Army Group North will form up 3N1E of the Chinese City of Linzi and will be tasked with the capture of Xuzhou.
Army Group Center will be the largest grouping and will mass 1E of the Chinese City of Linzi to capture Ying.
Army Group South will form up 1N2E of Angkor Wat and will be tasked with capturing Hangzhou and Bantu.
Army Group West will form up between Banteay Kdei and Isvarapura to capture Cherokee.
It will be made up of all the injured units from the northern Khmer campaign that the Super Medic Axe will heal.
Spoiler :

Moved the Xuzhou Spy over to Cheng'an.
There is no point performing an expensive City Revolt in Xuzhou if it is only defended by an Axe + Archer.
Got a close up ScreenShot of an Inquisitor because the art is cool. ^_^
Sending my Vision Chariot south to board a new Galley so I can scout Yue's Southern Island Cities a little.
Spoiler :

Cranked my Espionage Slider:espionage: to 100% so I will be able to revolt 3 cities when the time is right.
Most of the Yue forces that surrounded Isvarapura last turn are moving east and away from Cherokee.
Spoiler :

The barb city east of Kashgar that Japan captured is being guarded by a Sword and 2 Chariots.
Northeastern Siberia is blocked by impenetrable ice that is preventing further exploration.
Spain amazingly has a city off the west coast of Africa.
Egypt amazinglier has a Longbow in the food-less runt city I gifted him off the west coast of India.
Spoiler :

Turnset 104 (T342 to T343)

T342 Continued - Clams traded to Shaka for 3:gold: per turn.

My empire is definitely in economy_building mode. (If I'm going to whip Markets, might as well whip Forges first!)
Look how few units I'm constructing on the eve of a major war against a Deity AI. :mischief:
I would never try something so dangerous if I didn't have great intel on the Yue and complete confidence my attack will work.
It better work!
Spoiler :

Galley 1-pop whipped in Jayendranagari. (Will explore Yue islands with Vision Chariot)
Hindu Monastery 2-pop whipped in Rajavihara.
Courthouse 2-pop whipped in Hariharalaya.

T343 - The Turkish 10,000 Year Empire now has 10 Million Souls ^_^
Spoiler :

Inquisition in Athens (Rome) removed all non-state religions.

Ergili popped borders.

Lingapura the hilltop capital of Khmer still has 4 defenders.
While capturing it won't finish off Khmer, it will be gratifying knowing his empire will exist somewhere only as a brand new 1 population city.

Catapult lost against Sword in Lingapura at 36.2% odds.
Catapult lost against Archer in Lingapura at 52.4% odds.
Axe won against Archer in Lingapura at 95.6% odds.
War Elephant won against Spear in Lingapura at 83.7% odds.
War Elephant won against Axe in Lingapura at 96.5% odds.
Axe won against Sword in Lingapura at 99.9% odds.
Lingapura captured!
Galley + Workboat destroyed.
Worker captured.
The city yielded 72:gold:, 1 population, and a Granary.
Spoiler :

There's no new Khmer culture poking into the edges of what I can see.
Asking Yue to attack Khmer, the only option is Berlin.
That means Krong Chaktomuk isn't on the main continent.
What's even weirder is that Yue isn't at war with Germany (Berlin), only Khmer. :hmm:
Spoiler :

Hinduism spread into Angkor Thom with Missionary.
Bursa completed a Courthouse.
Lighthouse whipped in Rajavihara. (Overflow into Hindu Missionary)
Courthouse 2-pop whipped in Pre Rup.
Courthouse 2-pop whipped in Nagara Jayasri.
Forge 4-pop whipped in Yasodharapura. (Overflow into War Elephant)
Settler 3-pop whipped in Khotan for city 4E4S of Bactra. (Overflow into Moai Statues)
Spoiler :

My 4 armies are in place to begin the assault on Yue next turn.
Army Group North will have 3 Catapults, 4 War Elephants, 3 Swords, and 2 Axes.
Army Group Center will have 4 Catapults, 5 War Elephants, 3 Swords, and 6 Axes.
1 Horse Archer and 5 Chariots will be between Army Group's North and Center because their extra movement point allows for support in either direction.
Army Group South will have 4 Catapults, 6 War Elephants, 1 Sword, 4 Axes, 1 Longbow, and 1 Woodsman II Axe.
Army Group West will have 4 Catapults, 2 War Elephants, 3 Swords, and 1 Axe.
The Super Medic Axe will retreat south to defend Angkor Wat once the war starts along with a Catapult, War Elephant, and Sword.
Angkor Wat is too important as the Forbidden Palace city to let a lucky Yue unit capture it.
Spoiler :

Khmer still being alive messed up my diplo plans to bribe everyone against Yue.
China is Friendly with Yue, so no help there.
Japan is Pleased with both me and Yue, so he might be willing to DOW for a price.

Traded Japan Aesthetics for a Cease Fire with Khmer + 190 gold.
Japan made peace with Khmer.
YES!
Traded Japan Theology for war against the Yue Empire.
Japan DOW'd the Yue. :devil:
Maybe Japan's 4 Swords and 2 Chariots can start fighting the Yue right away.
Even if they don't, I still have hope Japan and Yue will have a giant naval battle.
Maybe Toku will capture a few of the island cities near his island cities.
Spoiler :

My War Weariness with Khmer is now 216.

I would consider razing Yue's border cities that may be 3 tiles from any of the former Sury cities, and then give all his cities back after vassalizing him. Then you don't have to deal with garrisons to prevent revolt, motherland unhappiness and naval/island warfare. You also get a prime trade partner that you can direct to tech what you want.

If the mid will make him unwilling to trade techs at any attitude, then this would not be a wise choice.

I would consider razing Yue's border cities that may be 3 tiles from any of the former Sury cities, and then give all his cities back after vassalizing him. Then you don't have to deal with garrisons to prevent revolt, motherland unhappiness and naval/island warfare. You also get a prime trade partner that you can direct to tech what you want.

If the mid will make him unwilling to trade techs at any attitude, then this would not be a wise choice.

Giant Earth Mod with these settings devalues the traditional vassal + directed teching approach I think.

1) Warfare is much, much more powerful than normal. (2:move:, 50% cheaper units, 4xp GG's, weaker Longbows, larger invasion windows, etc.)
2) The AI land is much better than normal and the AI doesn't seem to know how to take proper advantage. (9:food: rice not being worked)
3) There are so many AI, Friendly civs trading monopoly techs is better than waiting for 5 or 6 civs to get the tech before trading.

I'm going to keep vassaling as a backup plan for when resistance sharply increases.
But for now I want to swallow the AI whole if I can manage it. :yumyum:

Turnset 105 (T344)

T344 - Great Scientist born in Babylon.

Inquisition removed all foreign religions in Shechem. (Israel)
Inquisition removed all foreign religions in Linkoping. (???)

Yue adopted Theocracy. (Boo, stronger enemy units in Hindu cities)

Moved the Vision Chariot onto my Galley south of Pre Rup and discovered the Yue island city of Ningbo 4E3S of Jayendranagari.
It is on flat land, has 20% defenses, and is guarded by an Axe + Archer.
My Galley + Vision Chariot combo will be vulnerable to a Yue Galley attack on T345, but with Combat I and +10% coastal waters defense, it should have a 72.8% chance of winning against the Yue Galley if attacked.
Spoiler :

Moved my Lingapura fleet of 2 Triremes + Galley + War Elephant + Axe to 1S1W of Bantu, and then 2S2W of Bantu.
It can help capture Bantu with painful amphibious assaults T345 or sail south to begin the island hopping campaign if Bantu falls easily.
Spoiler :

France and Poland are retreating their armies west towards home now that all Khmer cities on the mainland are gone.
Babylon has a giant army in Invincible City headed northeast to wipe Ghenghis Khan off the face of the Earth.
Spoiler :

Japan did not attack the Yue in between turns as near as I can tell. :sad:
Hopefully Yue picked a Japanese city in Korea to form up and attack in between turns.
Yue has 16 cities right now, and no units in or near my borders that can cause trouble.
13 civs are Pleased or Friendly with Yue.
Everything looks good for the declaration of war.
Spoiler :
16 Cities

Moved a trailing Guerrilla Longbow up to teleport to 1E of the Chinese city of Linzi when the war starts.
After checking things over, I realized that Ying is not a hilltop city, so I retasked the Longbow to guard Hangzhou instead after it gets captured.
Moved the Longbow 1S1W, then closed borders with Yue to teleport the Longbow to 1S1W of Linzi.
From there it can move 1S onto the hill and then garrison Hangzhou when it gets captured on T345.
Spoiler :

Closed Borders
-> teleported

Here we go!
The Turkish Empire DOW'd Goujian of the Baiyue Empire.
This is not a war for survival like the Khmer war, but a war to steal Yue's delicious land! :devil:
Canceled Bronze to Yue for 8:gold: per turn.
Got a -1 diplo penalty with Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Poland, Mongolia, Netherlands, Rome, Spain, Israel, Zulu, Hungary, Carthage, and China for DOW'ing someone they were Pleased or Friendly with. :cringe:
Spoiler :

Captured 2 Workers 1N of Isvarapura!
Moved Army Group West to 1S of Cherokee.
Left a Longbow guarding Banteay Kdei and an Axe guarding Isvarapura.
Spoiler :

Moved Army Group South to 1S1W of Hangzhou where it can attack both Hangzhou and Bantu on T345.
Spoiler :

Moved the Super Medic Axe, a War Elephant, a Sword, and a Catapult into Angkor Wat to defend the city the 1st turn of war.
The War Elephant wasn't strictly needed to go backwards and defend, but the Super Medic Axe is a vital war resource.
I cannot afford to lose the Super Medic Axe under any circumstances, so it will have a permanent full hp War Elephant guard.
Next turn the pair will head towards the stack that needs the most healing once everything looks safe.
Spoiler :

Turnset 106 (T344)

T344 Continued - With 1500:espionage: accumulated against the Yue to play with, I can set the slider back to 100% on Paper.

War Elephant won against War Elephant 1N1W of Ying at 50% odds. (My army has no Spears :lol:)
The Spy in Ying has a 94% chance to revolt the city for 396:espionage:
Success!
If the Spy had failed, I would have spent 1 turn crossing the river, then another turn bombarding the 50% Wall defenses with Catapults, so it saved 2 turns.
Spoiler :

Army Group Center is free to attack the flatland city Ying across a river (+25% defense) now that the defenses are reduced to 0%.
Only 3 Axes and a Catapult guard it.
If I can kill that Catapult, my Chariots will murder the 3 Axes. :hmm:
Catapult lost against Axe in Ying at 61% odds. (Boo!)
Chariot (0xp) lost against Catapult in Ying at 8.9% odds.
Chariot won against Axe in Ying at 97% odds.
Chariot won against Axe in Ying at 96.7% odds.
Chariot lost against Axe in Ying at 95.8% odds. :mad:
Axe won against Axe in Ying at 92.3% odds.
Sword won against Catapult in Ying at 100% odds.
Ying captured!
The city yielded a whopping 240:gold:, 14 population, and a Granary + Market + Courthouse.
It will take 10 turns to come out of revolt since it had such a high population.
Spoiler :

Some quick cleanup after the borders collapsed.
War Elephant won against Catapult 1S of Ying at 99% odds.
Worker captured 1E of Ying.
Spoiler :

Army Group North is only facing 2 defenders in Xuzhou, so no Spies or Catapult bombards were needed against the 50% defenses.
War Elephant won against Axe in Xuzhou at 36.5% odds.
Sword won against Archer in Xuzhou at 59.5% odds. (Lots of Axes in next city, so used Sword instead of stronger Elephant)
Xuzhou captured!
The city yielded 184:gold:, 10 population, and a Market + Courthouse.
Spoiler :

For some mysterious reason, the borders around Xuzhou didn't collapse, so I couldn't grab all the Workers.
Technically, my last Chariot could have gotten the 4 Workers, but the Chariot could have easily been killed.
The AI deletes Workers it captures, so I'll capture those 4 Workers later. :)
Worker captured 1N of Xuzhou.
Worker captured 1S of Xuzhou.
Spoiler :

Moved Army Group North into Xuzhou in case the Yue have units hidden in the north in China.
Army Group Center advanced east towards the Yue capital.
Spoiler :

Reinforcements east of Bactra report 8 units in the Chinese city of Macau.
Siberian scout is now exploring the Arctic Circle.
Spoiler :

Hinduism spread into Pre Rup with Missionary.
Hinduism spread into Angkor Wat with Missionary.
Hinduism failed to spread into Jayendranagari with Missionary. (Aww)

Bronze City completed Courthouse.
Forest chopped into Market in Samarkand.

I now have 27 War Weariness with Yue and 215 with Khmer.
It appears to add up, because I now have 3 unhappiness in 14 pop Pataliputra. (Heroic Epic City)
(27+215)*14/1000*(no city mods) = 242*14/1000 = 3.388 = 3 Unhappiness.
Thanks again Pollina!

The beginning of a wonderful blitzkrieg.

Apologies for the delay in updates. :blush:

I've been giving some more thought to building Hindu Monasteries in my empire now that the Apostolic Palace gives +2:hammers: per turn.

Scientific Method is pretty far away with the double tech costs, so the +10%:science: and +2:hammers: per turn appears to be worth the 180:hammers: cost for the Monastery.

Even better, cities that have Forges can efficiently 2-pop whip Hindu Monasteries and have enough overflow to produce a military unit.
This is far superior to just 1-pop whipping a military unit causing my whip anger to skyrocket.

They are especially appealing in my newly conquered cities for the +2:culture: since I can save 1 population by avoiding whipping Libraries and use that pop for Granary/Courthouse/Lighthouse.

The University of Sankore (Paper) for 1650:hammers: (double production with stone) will become appealing for the +2:science: per Hindu building.
Will try to jam in lots of overflows into fail gold if I'm going to build it.

Turnset 107 (T345)

T345 - The Blitzkrieg continues! :popcorn:
Great Scientist born in China.

Inquisition removed all foreign religions in Satsuma. (???)
Inquisition removed all non-hindu religions in Cherokee. (Yue)
Inquisition removed all non-hindu religions in Yericho. (Israel)
Inquisition removed all non-hindu religions in Antium. (Rome)

If Israel used an Inquisitor on Hevron, would it destroy the Jewish Holy City and The Temple of Solomon and leave only Hinduism in Hevron? :lol:
Spoiler :

Tashkent popped borders again.
Angkor Wat came out of revolt and laid down borders.

All 4 Yue Workers near Ying retreated to the Yue capital of Huiji as expected.
Chariot won defending against Catapult 1N1W of Ying at 17.2% odds. Yay!
Axe lost defending against War Elephant 1N1W of Ying at 0.2% odds.

One of the Yue Galleys in southern Khmer appears damaged from a Japanese attack. :)
I'll just unload the Vision Chariot onto that 1 tile island and roll the dice.
Galley won against Galley 2S2E of Pre Rup at 87% odds.
Need to be wary of that full hp Drill II Galley sitting in Ningbo going forward.
Spoiler :

Need to counter attack Yue near Ying since he came out to play.
War Elephant won against Horse Archer 2W of Xuzhou at 99.2% odds.
War Elephant lost against War Elephant 2N of Ying at 49.8% odds.
Horse Archer won against Catapult 2N of Ying at 99.4% odds.
War Elephant won against War Elephant 2N of Ying at 100% odds.
Spoiler :

Army Group North advanced to 1S1W of Cheng'an blocking the only road out of the Yue city to counter attack on.
Cheng'an has even more :food: than my insane National Epic City Biskek. :cool:
+59:food: per turn surplus at Size 13!
A perfect city for Globe Theatre perhaps.
The mapmaker is as mad as a hatter! ->:O
Spoiler :

After a 2nd look, the Yue borders around Xuzhou didn't collapse T345 because Cheng'an popped borders 3 times. (> 1500:culture:)
Consolidated injured units to protect Xuzhou and moved Workers west out of the warzone.
Spoiler :

Cherokee is only defended by 2 Archers on a hilltop, so no need to attack with Catapults.
Army Group West should have no problems.

Cherokee defenses reduced to 0%.
War Elephant won against Archer in Cherokee at 72.5% odds.
Sword lost against Archer in Cherokee at 59.5% odds.
War Elephant won against Archer in Cherokee at 100% odds.
Cherokee captured!
Inquisitor killed.
The city yielded 80:gold:, 8 population, and Granary+Market+Courthouse.
Spoiler :

Turnset 108 (T345 Continued)

T345 Continued - Now it's Army Group South's turn. :D

My Spy has a 94% chance to revolt hilltop Hangzhou for 338:espionage:
Success!
Hangzhou (hilltop) defenses reduced to 0% for 1 turn.
Catapult lost against Archer in Hangzhou at 55.9% odds.
Axe won against Sword in Hangzhou at 71% odds.
War Elephant won against Archer in Hangzhou at 99.9% odds.
War Elephant won against Horse Archer in Hangzhou at 100% odds.
Hangzhou captured!
The city yielded 123:gold:, 7 population, and a Courthouse.
Spoiler :

Bantu's defenses reduced to 4%.
The hilltop city only has 2 defenders and should fall easily.
War Elephant lost against Archer in Bantu at 59.5% odds.
War Elephant won against Sword in Bantu at 37.7% odds.
War Elephant won against Archer in Bantu at 100% odds.
Bantu captured!
The city yielded 114:gold:, 9 population, and a Lighthouse.
Spoiler :

The remains of Army Group South advanced east towards Guangzhou.
Army Group Center advanced east to 2S of Cheng'an.
Hangzhou reinforced with a Guerrilla II Longbow.
Ying reinforced with injured units.
The Super Medic is moving towards Ying to rapidly heal any heavily injured units.
Units elsewhere are using Medic Axes to heal where possible.
Whatever gets them healed to 100% hp the quickest!
Spoiler :

Since Bantu fell easily, my fleet of 2 Galleys + 2 Triremes moved south unloading units on the mainland and picking up all units from Lingapura island.
Spoiler :

If the Yue want to capture undefended Lingapura, so be it.
Every spare unit is going south for the island hopping campaign.
That means Army Group West and all reinforcements from the homeland.
I will flood those islands with units! ^_^
Spoiler :

Switched Espionage over to Babylon.
Promoted a Spy in my capital with Loyalty, so if it gets captured inside Babylon I won't get a -1 diplo hit.
Babylon on my western border is my most sensitive diplomatic situation right now with only +5 relations (Pleased) due to border tensions caused by Persepolis.
If Babylon drops to Cautious, Hammurabi will once again be able to plot war against me after he murders Genghis Khan.

Traded Sugar to Ethiopia for 2 gold per turn.

Walls completed in Persepolis. (Former Persian capital bordering Babylon)
Hindu Monastery 2-pop whipped in Bukhara. (Overflow into Market)
Market 4-pop whipped in Pataliputra. (Overflow into Catapult)
Settler 3-pop whipped in Tarsus. (Will Liberate to Babylon for +1.5 diplo before I move my capital to Lahore)
Sword 1-pop whipped in Bursa. (Overflow into Hindu Missionary)
Market 3-pop whipped in Chinook. (Overflow into Moai Statues for fail gold)
Courthouse 2-pop whipped in Angkor Thom. (Overflow into Hindu Monastery)
Hindu Monastery 2-pop whipped in Pre Rup. (Overflow into Workboat for Lingapura)

Top Bottom