General History Quiz

€ønqui$tadør

regla de civilizaciones
Yeah well, nothing better to do so I decided to come up with one to the best of my knowledge, so they should be easy! These questions are foolproof!!

1. During the infamous Cultural Revolution, the Chinese government promoted the overthrowing of the "Four-Olds". What are these "Four Olds"?

2. What technical innovation/invention helped Mehmet II successfully conquer Constantinople and bring it under Muslim rule? (you can either name the object or describe it)

3. What did the Aztecs call themselves?

4. Who were the supposed ancestral peoples/ethnic group of modern Japanese?

5. In which Incan city did the Spanish launch an attack on the Incas that ultimately destroyed them?

6. After a trip to ___________ and a detailed study there, Darwin came up with his theories regarding evolution.

7. Sima Qian (a Chinese) is reknown for___________.

8. What is the name of the (European) 'royal disease' and through whose children did it spread throughout European royalty?

9. Which peoples ruled/occupied Spain before Muslim rule?

10. What were the names of the 3 states that existed Korea's Three Kingdoms Period and which state unified Korea ultimately?

This should be really easy!

2. The Cannon I think
4.The ainu???
6.The Galapagos
9.The Iberians

2. What technical innovation/invention helped Mehmet II successfully conquer Constantinople and bring it under Muslim rule? (you can either name the object or describe it)
Huge cannons. Had to be constructed on site.

Jomon.

6. After a trip to ___________ and a detailed study there, Darwin came up with his theories regarding evolution.
Galagapos Islands.

Han historian, wrote the first major Chinese historical work, the Hanshi. Was castrated by the emperor.

The Visigoths. Before that, the Romans, Carthaginians, Iberians in that order descending backwards.

10. What were the names of the 3 states that existed Korea's Three Kingdoms Period and which state unified Korea ultimately?
Chosun, Paekche, Koguryo. I think Koguryo won in the end.

Originally posted by €ønqui$tadør
Yeah well, nothing better to do so I decided to come up with one to the best of my knowledge, so they should be easy! These questions are foolproof!!

1. During the infamous Cultural Revolution, the Chinese government promoted the overthrowing of the "Four-Olds". What are these "Four Olds"?

Hmmmm...Lao Tseu ; Confucius ; ?

3. What did the Aztecs call themselves?

Lots of answer to that, you realize. One *might* say "koreans" but it's not exactly true since Korea itself was just a stop on their path. One might say "Jomon", "The Horse Archers tribes" or many other possible answers. There have even been theories about early contact with the southern islands so...

Best answer that can be given is "people coming from mainland asia, mostly of Mongoloid descent, passing among other locations through china and Korea, settling to form the early Jomon community, then joined later by wandering horse nomads from central asia (Altai region), also going by way of China and Korea.

5. In which Incan city did the Spanish launch an attack on the Incas that ultimately destroyed them?

(actual answer is "After a trip around the world" but I'll assume you meant Galapagos islands).

8. What is the name of the (European) 'royal disease' and through whose children did it spread throughout European royalty?

This should be really easy!

Not that easy, actually.

Originally posted by €ønqui$tadør

if the answer is cajamarca i think that the question is wrong

in cajamarca is where they kidnaped the inca emperor, Atahualpa, but they didn´t destroy the incas in any important battle

I could be wrong, though

1. The Four Olds: old ideas, old customs, old culture and old habits.

2. A big honkin' cannon.

3. Aztlan?

4. The Ainu

5. Cuzco

6. The Galapagos Islands

7. don't know

8. Hemophilia -- the children of Queen Victoria were carriers.

9. I want to say "the Spanish" but this is probably wrong.

10. don't know

2. Huge Cannon

3. Mexica

5. Cajamarca

6. Galapagos Islands

8. hemophilia

9. Visigoths

if the answer is cajamarca i think that the question is wrong

in cajamarca is where they kidnaped the inca emperor, Atahualpa, but they didn´t destroy the incas in any important battle

I have read that in Cajamarca battle 168 Spanish soldiers with horses killed 10000 Inca warriors (of 80000 warriors in total), I think it is to destroy the Incas. :D

Top Bottom