General SVN Question

Thanks for responding Joseph:)

The button is there... but when depressed, nothing changes. I toggle back and forth slowly and I still don't get the "Scores Display." It is telling though that you have it with SVN 9162 on a new game.
Been into the Scorecard Tab on the BUG Options and all seems normal - but what is normal?

Have yet to do a fresh Checkout yet this does not seem like something an SVN would affect... sure don't want to reload the game from scratch.

Did you perhaps update this current game with one of the SVN versions that changed the Options for Game set up? This could explain your problem as that one broke Lots of older games.

2 Questions:
1.Also when you update to a newer SVN version do you do a complete removal of the "old" Cavemna2Cosmos folder in the BtS\Mods folder?
2.Or do you just delete the assets folder from the "old" version and replace with assets from the New SVN that you updated to?

If the answer is yes to the 2nd question then you should also Replace the Sources Folder and here recently the Private Maps folder as well.

Upon occasion the Config files also need updated but that should be evident from the SVN posting for version changes (at least it should be).

JosEPh

Thanks for helping out here Joseph!

Option One: I delete the entire C2C folder when updating to a newer SVN.

NVidia had a driver update (for me 660ti) after MS (Windows 7) did their monthly update and the graphics driver faulted upon first attempt. Wondering if I should lower some settings to see if such restores the Scores Display... rather shooting in the dark here :crazyeye:

At least I can use F4 and right click on a leader head to enable a parley.

Thanks for helping out here Joseph!

Option One: I delete the entire C2C folder when updating to a newer SVN.

NVidia had a driver update (for me 660ti) after MS (Windows 7) did their monthly update and the graphics driver faulted upon first attempt. Wondering if I should lower some settings to see if such restores the Scores Display... rather shooting in the dark here :crazyeye:

At least I can use F4 and right click on a leader head to enable a parley.

You might need to re-install Directx9.0b or c from your BtS install disc. Newer video driver versions sometime delete/overwrite older Directx files. Especially for older games. I've had to do this several times over the years.

I have a 550 ti. Probably will need to upgrade sometime this year.

JosEPh

You could try using my BUG scoreboard settings.

It needs to be in the "Caveman2Cosmos\UserSettings" folder.

Oh and remember to unzip. :mischief:

Attachments

• Advanced Scoreboard.7z
    2 KB · Views: 35
Thanks Toffer!
Do I then need to reinstall this file anytime I update to a newer SVN?

UserSettings is not usually updated by the SVN. If you create a new copy of Caveman2Cosmos you should copy your UserSettings folder over from the old. That way you will keep your personal prefs etc.

Wowsa... Ok thx for helping!

I am so inept with my procedural cred...
Been deleting the entire C2C subfolder (within BTS Mods folder) and then dragging the new SVN Exported Versioned Items folder into said Mods folder.

"Much to learn Grasshopper"

UserSettings is not usually updated by the SVN. If you create a new copy of Caveman2Cosmos you should copy your UserSettings folder over from the old. That way you will keep your personal prefs etc.

I am so inept with my procedural cred...

We all have to learn. I still make many mistakes.

If you start with a new Caveman2Cosmos folder - The download gives you an empty folder, so UserSettings are generated by your next game.

Before downloading a new version, copy UserSettings up to the BTS folder. Then having downloaded a new version copy it back down again.

Been deleting the entire C2C subfolder (within BTS Mods folder) and then dragging the new SVN Exported Versioned Items folder into said Mods folder.

Delete the contents of the folder, not the folder. Then Export into the empty folder.

After a couple of attempts - it is easy. Though I sometimes do forget to do it. :sad:

For the scoreboard being like that, doesn't clicking on it (or just below it) expand it?

I've had this issue before of the minimised scoreboard when I've tried to click on the circular pop ups that appear at the start of a turn in that section of the screen.

For the scoreboard being like that, doesn't clicking on it (or just below it) expand it?

I've had this issue before of the minimised scoreboard when I've tried to click on the circular pop ups that appear at the start of a turn in that section of the screen.

There is nothing to click on to expand... it is missing.
I've minimized the Scores Display when it was visible so I know of what you're suggesting and I so appreciate the response.

Top Bottom