Genghis Khan for BtS 3.19

isenchine

Empress
Genghis_Khan: Civ4 Warlords Mod now updated to Beyond the Sword 3.19

Download at CFC Database

Uploaded on 12 February 2016

Author: FIRAXIS Games (Jon Shafer)

Additional credits:
Flavor units: Chugginator (European Medieval Worker)
Platyping: Text Reader (CTRL-F12: displays the help text in a scrollable screen. Useful when encountering a huge army!)

Jon Shafer: The rise of the Mongol Empire was one of the greatest feats in all of military history. Genghis Khan ("Universal Ruler") Temujin succeeded in uniting the scattered groups of Mongol tribes which had for most of their history fought amongst each other. His prowess in warfare accompanied by his charismatic personality saw the creation of the largest land empire ever. This was due not only to his genius but also to the strategies used by the Mongols as well as a very innate need to make war. The leader of a Mongol tribe was always the man who was most successful on the battlefield - often against each other. Now united, Temujin needed to look outside of the steppes north of the Gobi Desert and what followed thereafter was the conquest and destruction of a great many people.

With the Mongols' great technological advantage over their neighbors, their ability to divide their enemies against each other and a revolutionary 'blitzkrieg'-like way fighting they were able to defeat much larger enemies and were in their time considered by many to be invincible. Additionally, Temujin and later Mongol leaders were willing to assimilate technology from their enemies and apply it within their own armies. The best example of this is the Trebuchet, borrowed from Chinese engineers, it would in turn bring down the walls of many a Chinese city.

Despite these advantages the Mongols remained nomadic with few exceptions. In many ways, they are not a civilization as much as an 'anti-civilization'. The death toll caused by their armies ranges into the tens of millions and entire cities were razed to the ground with no survivors. Even so, their accomplishments cannot be denied and in addition to their battlefield success they also assisted with the spreading of many cultural and technological advances. The vast empire saw the first opening of the Silk Road between the Near and Far East, an event never before seen and not repeated after their fall until the 20th century.

Single Player: in this scenario you will take the role of the Mongol Great Khan and unleash your armies on all of Eurasia. You have many possible paths to glory: the destruction of all of Asia, the subjugation of its people or to embrace civilization and prove that nomads can become the pinnacle of world culture. You start with no cities but instead have the Camp unit at your disposal. Camps will produce new units for your war machine and are essentially moving unit factories. You may, of course, capture cities and make them your own rather than burning them to the ground, but that is your decision to make. Note carefully that your score will be dropping constantly as the game continues. To ensure you achieve the 3000 points necessary for victory you may do your best to burn and kill all in your path, but taking a more peaceful route can also lead to success. Holding cities as well as destroying them, units and plot improvements will all provide you with the points you need for victory.

Representing the Mongol affinity for borrowing their victims' ideas every civilization you conquer 2 cities from and/or successfully Vassalize will provide you with a new technology - unlocking new units, abilities and bonuses. Many of these can be very important, so make sure to 'research' your next target with the Technology Advisor and learn of the benefits their defeat will bring you.

Good luck. Asia is a big place. :deadhorse:

Installation:
Unzip in BtS/Mods folder (Charlemagne, etc).
Load BtS, then the Mod or double-click directly on the file Genghis_Khan.CivBeyondSwordWBSave in the PrivateMaps folder.
Note that there is an underscore in the name of the Mod.

This was my favorite Warlords scenario! Thanks, as always! Fraxis has to employ you for Civ 6! :goodjob:

One thing I noticed thought is low barbarian pressure. In Warlords I am loosing more units to another nomads than to civilized civs.

From my test games, Barbarians are quite an annoyance. Especially if you start razing all cities...

Hello isenchine,

Thanks for your job but i have 2 problems with Genghis Khan for BTS. First, the game opens with an empty window of the scientific advisor. It's a minor, but strange, bug. The second problem is bigger : no menu, command, advisor or anything excepted the map! Just look at my screenshots attached. It's a little bit hard to play like that...

Bullist

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2016-02-15 à 20.38.28.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2016-02-15 à 20.38.28.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 261
  • Capture d’écran 2016-02-15 à 20.47.13.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2016-02-15 à 20.47.13.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 276
Everything works for me! You must have some folder issues...

Hi Bullist,

Let's remain positive, you probably have one problem only! :)

As Tigranes said, check your folders first. The Mod folders should look like:
Code:
...\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Genghis_Khan\Assets
In assets, you should see 4 folders: Art, Python, Sounds and XML.

You should not have a repetition of a folder, like Mods in Mods, Genghis_Khan in Genghis_Khan or Assets in Assets.

As you have a Python problem, it might be that you have BUG installed in the 'My Documents' folder (Custom Assets) and that it interferes with the Mod. If this is the case, rename temporarily the BUG folder something else. Like BUGTemp. So you can get it to work back easily after playing the scenario.

Or your download is incomplete. Installed, the size is 8,084,476 bytes (7.70 MB).

If all this doesn't work, please enable Python exception popups in the main ini file and report back.
Spoiler :
If you don't know what I mean by enabling Python exceptions:

under My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword folder (or similar), you have a file called CivilizationIV.ini. Change the file like this:

; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 0

The 0 setup will bring popups ingame if there are Python problems.

Tell us if any of the solutions above worked for you.

Hi Isenchine,

I tried again, but it's always the same issue. The mod is correctly installed. I don't have this problem with your others mods (vikings & waterloo), only this one. I didn't installed Bug. Disappointing...

Can you enable Python exception popups and report?

That's it

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2016-02-20 à 20.04.37.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2016-02-20 à 20.04.37.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 291
Now that's a mystery! :think:

The error popup points to a line that was not modified by me - in other words, a standard BtS code:
Code:
if (gc.getUnitInfo(eLoopUnit).getEspionagePoints() == 0 or not gc.getGame().isOption(GameOptionTypes.GAMEOPTION_NO_ESPIONAGE)):

It's about the free unit granted to the first player to reach a certain Technology. It is meant to hide the unit Great Spy (Tech Utopia) if you are playing with the option NO_ESPIONAGE.

In Genghis_Khan, there is no Tech Utopia and the only first free unit is an Artist at Tech Music.

This being said, the error popup says that "CvUnitInfo has no attribute getEspionagePoints", which seems an incorrect statement. Furthermore, it doesn't show as an error to me (or to Tigranes). This "error" in turn prevents the interface from loading correctly.

So something is different in your installation. Logically, you should not even be able to play BtS anymore as this error should popup anyway (please try it).

Have you changed anything in the mod? in BtS? Is it a new computer installation?

Two things you could try as a test:

1) remove the file CvTechChooser.py from the Mod (see Assets/Python/Screens folder). Check and see if it makes a difference.

2) edit the file CIV4TechInfos.xml with a Text editor (see Assets/XML/Technologies folder). Find (Tech Music) the line:
Code:
<FirstFreeUnitClass>UNITCLASS_ARTIST</FirstFreeUnitClass>
and replace it with
Code:
<FirstFreeUnitClass>NONE</FirstFreeUnitClass>
Check again and see if it makes a difference.

Still ... :think:

Hello Isenchine,

I will try this this evening, when i'm back home. Maybe my installation is different of yours because i play on a Mac.
I didn't change anything on your mod. I didn't change anything on BTS too. I have my private mod, but i don't think that it could be the problem.

See you later...

Top Bottom