Geographic World Map?

DNK

Well, technically they all are, aren't they?

What I'm looking for is a world map that shows the divisions between the various geographic regions, instead of states, with subdivisions as well, where appropriate. Something that wouldn't have Saudi Arabia, but would have the Nejd and Hejaz; that wouldn't have China, but would have the Tibetan Plateau and the Tarim Basin; the US wouldn't have the states, but general regions like the Appalachians, Ozarks, Mississippi River Basin, etc. And all of these regions would be as approximately delineated as possible.

Anyone know anything about this? Silly nationalists, just have to divide the world by state lines and not natural ones... but I'm curious. :confused:

Anyone know anything about this? Silly nationalists, just have to divide the world by state lines and not natural ones... but I'm curious. :confused:

Ah, it's not silly. Natural lines are usually very poorly defined (mountain vs. foothills), plus they move. It usually nothing but trouble. They are still used where convenient (read: water boundaries), but are not particularly useful in the world of private property.

As for your map, google 'Physical World Map' or something else with the world Physical in it. A place like this http://www.mapsofworld.com/physical-map/world.htm is a good map, but I'm not sure how to get it in high res. Others looked amazing, but cost several hundred dollars :p

Sorry, lazy, silly nationalists!

Thanks for the link, but it lacks definition... So sad, I am.

Google Earth perhaps?

What you need is a physical map of the world. Type "physical map" in google (select images from the list) and I'm sure you'll find something that meets your description.

Top Bottom