German Soldier Pack

AnthonyBoscia

Emperor
Wehrmacht soldiers from the early years of the war. Armed with Karabiner 98k in a 7.92×57 mm Mauser, equipped with M36 tunic and steel helmet. Comes in two uniform styles: the first a standard Feldgrau and the second has darker trousers and helmet. Thanks to Wyrmshadow who provided the original animations and many of the associated props in his Bryce infantry tutorial.

Last edited:
Didn't realize you'd be making these. How did you make the Heer soldier? Bryce as well or something else?

the Bundeswehr Infantry run animation seems a bit stiff-legged compared to the others.

Clear evidence, as if any were needed, of Wyrmshadow's far more advanced animation skill. :) There's a few more infantry on deck but I might try to improve the run one more time for them.

Wyrmshadow: Yes, all Bryce still. The helos you gave me are done, too. There's just a few more units to do and they'll all be posted in packs.

Ares: Thanks for the sounds and that reminds me that I need to put you in the credits as well. I pull sounds from all over and sometimes forget where they originated. :crazyeye:

The Bundeswehr soldier in Post #2 has been updated. The run lacked vertical motion which is why it looked so stiff earlier. This one is more closely modeled after the Wehrmacht soldiers (which are entirely Wyrmshadow's infantry animations, just with different objects). Also, the G3 sound should work correctly in game now.

There's been a number of things that have taken priority this summer so I have done very little modding lately, but I think within a month or two I can be back on track. There will be one more German guy for this pack, and then some other stuff as well.

AnthonyBoscia! Are these guys different in size compared to your US pack?

The germans look a bit skinny :(
Hope you can do a Waffen-SS guy in the further and a Field General

I know... I am following this Fanatic forum for years :)
I like units from one creator... not different ones.

The American units have flak jackets as part of the model so they are bulkier. Also, caloric intake was probably smaller in the 40's.

I know players prefer units to be scaled to one another, but with other priorities there simply isn't enough time to make alternate versions of excellent units that are already in the database. I made these to match up with Wyrmshadow's MG-42 team, and also it was surprising that there was no early war Wehrmacht Soldat other than the original Firaxis. Looks like that might change with Gary and Imperator both developing one.

I'd definitely like to make a Generalfeldmarschall but I have no props at all for one. I need a Model model.

I agree that slightly different scaled units have to exist together so that the huge variety of great units that you kind artists make can be fitted into scenarios and mods.

But truly the germans are represented, in some ways at least. Don´t forget Gary Childress German Mauser pack (It might be considering the last days of war, but still in civ-scale and smaller screens :sad: they do nicely IMHO)

What I truly miss is something from the British Army post WW-2. I can but find one infantry unit with the latest SA80 made by NavyDawg, and sad to say NONE with a SLR.
Gary made some with the Sterling SMG, but after that period a british pack including infantry,paras,RM commandos with both SLRs and SA80 (of course helmets and such too included in correct period) would be a great addition to be sure.
But I will not lose hope. :worship:

However these germans are welcomed and so are you US Forces (They are just great)

That's just because they're on the Eastern Front. Food shipments are occasionally late.

On Topic: Any chance of a WWII soldier carrying a G43 rifle? Good unit pack.

Top Bottom