German Translation

Hi Phungus, I´m back after being for more than 4 weeks offline.

I have downloaded today´s SVN and checked everything for new texts and also compared it with the ones from BUG. In the end I only had to do slight changes to 2 files which I post here. German translations should be up to date now.

I also posted the changes to the original BUG files in the relevant forum.

Hi,

I found a file in the Assets/Text-Folder of RevDCM 2.71 that somehow escaped my translations so far. Here is the german translation of BUGOptions_RevoultionGameText.xml (yes, that´s how the file name is written).

BTW: I was really surprised and happy when I found my name in the ingame RevDCM credits! Thanks a lot for rewarding me in this way for my really minor efforts :) !

Hi all,

I have been tranlating for two or more weeks, and finally it's almost done.

There were some files that have been partially translated, so I check and correct the old translations as well (when necessary).

There were 3 files i could not translate right know:
Strategy1_CIV4GameText.xml
Strategy2_CIV4GameText.xml
TraitsPedia_CIV4GameText.xml

They were huge! The Strategy ones could take each one about 100 pages!
The Traits one, well it's smaller(only 4 or 5 pages), so i will start again with this one.

If you need me to do any more translations, tell me something

Attachments

• Spanish_translation_Athe.rar
    629.6 KB · Views: 366
Thanks, Spanish translations have been merged into the SVN, and I have put your name in the credits list under translators. I have also translated the text description in the credits list for the specific translators into the translator's native language, so for instance Snophru's credit's will now say: "Deutsch Ubersetzungen" in the credits.

Thanks a lot, Phungus, I really appreciate this!

I hope I don´t sound over-correct, but it should say "Deutsche Übersetzung". The XML-code for "Ü" would be & # 220; (without spacing).

And of course it´s Snofru...
If you call me me Snophru again, I will call you Fungus from now on :lol: .

Please don´t take me serious here, I really appreciate the work you have done for this excellent mod (including LoR) and it is great being included in the credits for this comparatively small peace of work.

I wasn't sure if python could handle non ASCII characters like Ü, and the credits stuff is coded directly in python, not called via XML. I suppose I could check it, but I remember bug having problems with this, so I'm pretty sure it wol't work because the python library civ uses will throw an exception if it hits a non standard ASCII character. I would say just look on the SVN and see how it appears; if you want, I can put it back to "German Translations", I just figured that the people who would mainly care would appreciate the description of your work being in german. Also feel free to look at the RevDCM 2.8 branch, there have been some new game options and other stuff added which definitely need translating.

Edit:

Actually if you want feel free to create an XML text file for the credits. If you do I'll handle coding the python so that the credit options load the descriptions from that XML file, instead of hardcoding the descriptions directly into the python file.

Actually if you want feel free to create an XML text file for the credits. If you do I'll handle coding the python so that the credit options load the descriptions from that XML file, instead of hardcoding the descriptions directly into the python file.
I guess that´s beyond my very poor modding abilities and probably really not necessary. I´d just suggest to keep calling it "German Translations", that´s absolutely fine.

Thanks for reminding about RevDCM 2.8, I´ll check for further translations...

I guess that´s beyond my very poor modding abilities...

All you do is copy an existing XML text file, something small, and then replace the text definitions with the new ones you want to create. So you'd look at the credits, and see "Snofru1 - German Translations", and turn that into a Text definition (probably just leave the name itself hardcoded), so you'd create a new Text tag TXT_CREDITOPTIONS_TRANSLATOR_GERMAN, and fill out what the text is supposed to say for each language, as normal for civ4 XML text files. It's not complex at all; unnecessary is another matter, which is why I leave it up to you. If you want the credit list to translate feel free to create the proper XML text file, and I'll handle the python code to load that file, if not that's fine by me as well.

Not a lot of new text found, here is what was missing (all is from SVN revision 475). The file BUGOptions_RevoultionGameText.xml was not yet merged in, so I have combined the spanish and german text and post it here again.

Concerning the credits: In the attached picture you can see how it currently looks in german LoR, the word "Übersetzer" is even there, so I think that is already perfect. There already are so many files in Assets/XML/Text, we should better not create more, unless necessary.

Hey Snofru1 and any one else who is interested in translating, with the update to 2.82 there have been a few new Text additions, if you want to do them we would be happy to include them in the next update.

I have finished the german translations for 2.82. Fortunately there were not a lot changes to the text files, as usual most of the time is needed to find out, where changes have occured.

As usual some (or most) of the strategy, pedia and quotes entries remain untranslated.

I have also taken the task of replacing all the ä, ö, ü, Ä, Ö, Ü and ß with their XML code. That might reduce issues with users with other language versions that don´t support the signs (e.g. chinese). I have not removed the french or spanish é etc., so maybe this work was useless after all. But fortunately Notepad++ is really good in replacing text, so it took just a few minutes.

The files that really contain new translations are the following. All the others have only their XML-code replaced:

BUG Main Interface Options.xml
BUGOptions_RevDCMGameText.xml
BULL Misc Hovers Options.xml
CIV4GameText_RevDCM.xml
Inquisitor_CIV4GameText.xml
RevDCMOptionsTab.xml
RevolutionDLLText_CIV4GameText.xml
RevTraitTag_Civ4GameTextInfos.xml

Thanks snofru, I've updated the SVN, and also finished off converting the rest of the non standard latin characters. There are a couple minor differences in some of LoR's text (I think 3 or four files), if you still play that that could use translating, not sure if you still play LoR though, if not, don't worry about it.

Top Bottom