Getting resources to add food/hammers

BobTheTerrible

Just Another Bob
I've searched all over but can't find this. Can I set a resource so that rather than health or happiness, a resource instead provides a certain number of food or hammers each turn to every city it's hooked up to? I've been looking through the xml files but all I can seem to find is the bonus value of the actual plot that the resource is on.

you mean global production instead of global health oder happiness? production is possible, take a look at iron or other strategic ressources. food should work too.

Civ4BonusInfos.xml

PHP:
			<YieldChanges>
				<iYieldChange>0</iYieldChange>
			</YieldChanges>

Food
Production
Commerce

No, this is for all cities.

The 1 production bonus simply by having iron is listed in CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml

PHP:
				<BonusTypeStruct>
					<BonusType>BONUS_IRON</BonusType>
					<bBonusMakesValid>1</bBonusMakesValid>
					<bBonusTrade>1</bBonusTrade>
					<iDiscoverRand>10000</iDiscoverRand>
					<YieldChanges>
						<iYieldChange>1</iYieldChange>
					</YieldChanges>
				</BonusTypeStruct>

No, this is for all cities.

The 1 production bonus simply by having iron is listed in CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml

WOW. I've been playing this game how long and didn't know this!?! Good grief... :sad:

See, I always thing that the Tags in the BonusInfos was an additional Yield for un-improved tiles.

And the Tags in the ImprovmentInfos was additional Yields for when the tile gets improved.

For Example:

A Hill have 2 Production
A Hill with Iron has 3 Production

Then when the Mine is built
A Hill has 4
A Hill with Iron and Mine, 6 (2 from the mine, and 1 from the mine w/ iron)

So, the answer is "no" then? I tried taking this code in the bonusinfos
Code:
<iHealth>0</iHealth>
<iHappiness>0</iHappiness>
and tried adding an
Code:
<iFood>5</iFood>
after it, but the game seriously messed up when loading. So, I guess you can't due this without SDK stuff?

It might be able to be done with Python, not sure how.

Could be done, but it has some problems.
I've created a (here unreleased) modcomp, where having an resource with the right improvement in the FC adds :) and :health: to this city. This could also be done with food and hammers.
But i'm having some trouble with that, because building an improvement upon an old improvement is nothing, which can really be checked, and there's some mystical error, when after doing this, you can't build a new improvement upon the old.
-> i would not suggest to try it.

Top Bottom