Ghosts of City States past

PYITE

Prince
playing as Australia; liberate a city state from a major civ - DOW on that CS the next turn - take the city in a turn or two - the city becomes mine but is occupied until I can make peace with CS after 10 turns from the DOW - the CS stays in the listing permanently and is available to send envoys to for all civs even though it is now one of my cities.

I think this is a more general bug with cities changing owners several times. I had the same thing a few months ago (Summer Patch) with a city. It was founded by the Aztecs, then conquered by me, (then the Aztecs got eliminated) then conquered by Germany, then re-conquered by me. After that, it remained occupied for the rest of the game.

The CS which changed hands several times (being liberated at some point in the process) also seem to continue to behave as CS in terms of envoys and suzerains etc, even when the city itself is somebody else's.

In my current game everyone seemed to hate Yerevan, so it changed hands at least 3 times (and Rome liberated it at some point), now it's Australian, but appears on the CS screen, you can send envoys there, and from time to time you see the message 'X declared war on Yerevan'...

Top Bottom