[Global mod] Medieval

Ploeperpengel said:
Those logs would be more useful if you set civ into debug mode. It's easy you just have to alter some values in the configini. TGA's pythontutorial gives a list of the exact changes.;)

I did the TGA debugging as he said and changed all of the codes there. I tried both Notepad ++ and HAP, i save it but when i go back and look its went back to 0 instead of 1?:crazyeye: Neither work for me.

Argpmait said:
I downloaded both the full version and the patch. However, when I tried to load the mod in Warlord, I get the following error : "Failed Loading XML file XML\Units/CIV4PromotionInfos.xml.[.\FXml.cpp:133]Error parsing XML File

This is subsequently followed by about 200+ XML Error. There is no way for me to abort from the error process. I have to keep pressing OK and OK without end. Finally I cannot stand it anymore, and press CTRL-ALT-DEL, bring up the Window Task Manager and ABORT the Civilization4.exe process !!!!

There should be an easier way to exit gracefully, instead of the ugly mess... Just my 2 cents. I did not have the opportunity to play the mod yet, so I cannot say anything about the quality. My only complain is the 200+ windows poping out of my screen.

BTW, I load this in Warlord and got the XML errors, not Civ4.

To all
At me, the mod works without problems... But I shall try to correct the errors...

Iuvavus said:
My Ideas for a Swedish UU are Varagians or Vikings. You can use Berserks from Warlords.
By the Way: you can use the following leaders: Olof Skottkounung (960 - 1022)
First Christian King in Sweden
Margaret of Denmark (1353 - 1412)
founder of the Kalvar Union, union of Denmark, Norway and Sweden, lasted until 1521
Thanks for information...
For Sweden, I will do the uni unit - Varyag (of the 10 century)
Have you any Swedish flags of the 12-14 centuries?
Iuvavus said:
For a Pirate Leader I'd suggest: Klaus Stoertebeker (1360 - 1401)
Nothern German Pirate who captured Ships from the Haseatic League until he was captured and executed in 1401. I think his base was in Visby on Gotland.
Thanks...
Iuvavus said:
Send me the texts in English and I'l see what I can do.
It is the last text of the mod with small fixes...
http://psyx.civfanatics.ru/Text.zip
Please, send me the results to psyx@civfanatics.ru

Argpmait said:
...ABORT the Civilization4.exe process...
It must be Civilization 4 - Warlords.exe ...

AW CRAP... if you get a barbarian/pirate addition, I may go out and get Warlords. Although, it doesn't really look worth it with the limited additions.

ruffriders23 said:
AW CRAP... if you get a barbarian/pirate addition, I may go out and get Warlords. Although, it doesn't really look worth it with the limited additions.
Sorry, I dont fully understand post... But if you about pirates, they will be in mod... But after bug fixes... Now I correct the errors with Blacksun...

I meant yes.. I may go get Warlords if you include it.

But, Warlords doesn't look to be worth $40 because it doesn't change all that much from Civ IV.

Was this mod ever tested? I also got two CtDs. One at the first load during start, the other one while trying to build christian church or temple (not sure becouse of that CtD...). :(

This mod was tested... We finded some bugs and now fix it...

I will play this mod after a lot of changes. The game is like, Alpha stages and i will come back and play after this fix a lot of bugs and implamented some things.

Argpmait said:
There should be an easier way to exit gracefully, instead of the ugly mess... Just my 2 cents. I did not have the opportunity to play the mod yet, so I cannot say anything about the quality. My only complain is the 200+ windows poping out of my screen.

The problem of having to click through every single error box is not a mod feature, but in the game itself.

This happened to me once when I tried to use a mod component made for vanilla in Warlords, maybe this mod contains a copied or modified xml file from vanilla? This may cause problems for warlords, what with all the new content.

OK i got all the Techs in less than a 2 hours, no more upgrades? Feels like i just got started. And thats "it"? I hope you have about 100 Techs to add, upgrades, and strength, makes the game more appealling if you have techs all the way thru to winning? Just my opinion. And upgrades, and strength. All in all a good start, i guess. (More than i can do)!

I agree, I will add the new teches for future versions... but after i finish some new civs, units... And in future versions will be a new graphic of the main menu...

Top Bottom