[Global mod] Medieval

hi, this mod looks promising, i created some medieval units, have a look at the fileDB, perhaps you can use some of them ;)

Judging from the graphics you are using for the faction shields I guess you have crusader kings or Europa Universalis (1 or 2) - but if you don't have either then may I suggest you take a look at either because they are a gold mine for European medieval history. It has a complete list of states, city staes, faction rulers, towns, units, techs, and general diplomatic stuff.

As far as the barbarians are concerned have you thought about using the mongol hoard as the playable barbarian faction? The warlords mod for them has all the info and stuff neccessary to add them into the game, and it would be interesting to see how the work alongside a normal civ.

A possible list of civs could include:
-House of Normandy (eventual rulers of England)
- Hungarians
- Holy Roman Empire
- City states such as Venice and Genoa
- The various Khalifates of the middle east
- Holy Roman See

As far as gameplay mechanics are concerned take a look at the revolutions mod as this would be perfect for this mod. The idea of rogue cities breaking away is totally in keeping with the back stabbing of the medieval courts, and for added spice maybe give each city a baron to rule over it who could decide he wants the top job. The revolutions mod would also aid in the creation of new dukedoms and kingdoms as it would provide an organic feel to the process.

Finally as far as unit are concerned are you going to go as far as the early gun powder units, or keep it purely for the age of chivalry?

2 all:

Here is a new version for the testing, with SDK and fixed files:
http://psyx.civfanatics.ru/mod_files/medieval_mod_beta/Medieval.rar 23,5 Mb

seZereth said:
hi, this mod looks promising, i created some medieval units, have a look at the fileDB, perhaps you can use some of them ;)

Thanks, I will use them;) Can you do the uni unit for pirates - "privateer", please? I need this unit for the mod, but I no have much free time... Now I testing the new SDK for this mod...

REJS7 said:
A possible list of civs could include:
-House of Normandy (eventual rulers of England)
- Hungarians
- Holy Roman Empire
- City states such as Venice and Genoa
- The various Khalifates of the middle east
- Holy Roman See

Thanks, but I now I can include only 3 civs: Pirates, Holy Roman Empire and Sweden with their uni units and buildings... Others will be in future...
+ In the future versions will be added: the Crusades, new technologies:)

2 all:

Now I finish the first scenario for the mod... This scenario will be avaliable tomorrow...

Dionysius said:
will there be Welsh, irish and basque civs?

OK, I will add this civs in future version... Thanks for information ;)

strategyonly said:
OK tried the new version, and got this: Does not run at all.

Thanks, I will try to fix this error...

2 ALL,
I was completed the scenario and put it in the fixed mod version... :)

http://psyx.civfanatics.ru/mod_files/medieval/Medieval.rar 23,4 Mb (More information on the first post of this topic)

strategyonly said:
Its got to be something you added in the MOD that makes it not want to load correctly, from the last time you put the MOD up here. Just kind of hard to test, if it does not load is all, thx.

The run time errors may be from some sounds files I will fix it... Thx, for testing...

Tried to d/l first page, heres what i got: Not Found
The requested URL /mod_files/medieval/Medieval.rar was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.34 Server at psyx.civfanatics.ru Port 80

strategyonly said:
Tried to d/l first page, heres what i got: Not Found
The requested URL /mod_files/medieval/Medieval.rar was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.34 Server at psyx.civfanatics.ru Port 80

Sorry... Now it must work!!! I updated the file...

http://psyx.civfanatics.ru/mod_files/medieval/Medieval.rar 23,4 Mb

How the hell do u load this mod? i downloaded the folder and moved it into warlord- mods and it it not showing p in the game menue to chose to play. i checked the map and it is regular civ IV map not warlords- this mod is a bunch of horse shert.

It must be the right way:
"...\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\Medieval"...
With installation not must be trables...

OK< i downloaded current version, and it loaded with the exception (see attached pic), then i went to custom maps and it started to load then poof, it goes to the MS error message adn back to desktop, no matter what map i used.
I have included all the logs also.

I like the mod...Just one thought though. Have you noticed that the Kyivan Peshach (sp) is better than the pikeman unit that replaces it? Same thing with the swordsman UU and maceman.

This means that technology advancement actually weakens your units. You need to take out those units (Pikeman and maceman) or make them better as well. I haven't played the other civs yet, but they may have similar problems...

I like the concept of your mod. Sounds like you still have some kinks to work out. Keep at it. Great graphics! Could you post some pics of the scenario maps. Is it just eastern europe?

THE NEWS OF THE MOD:

Mod "Modern world v.3.1.0" include the mod "Medieval v.0.2" with updated medieval scenario ... Now this mod in testing... The scenario of the world 2006 now testing... This scenario have 32 modern civs on huge world map... More info and the mod will be later...

The screens look great, As soon as school calms down I'm going to spend some serious time with this mod.

Top Bottom