Glory be… and don’t call me Shirley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
kafkaesk said:
Um, like, in the crusades? But better let´s not go there...

This discussion clearly shows that it would really have been better to go for a custom-religion system with different traits to choose and unique/random naming, dependent on certain techs, economic factors, government styles etc.

Learn how to read between the lines, and in context, man.

MamboJoel said:
You gently give up the idea of me beeing anti-Semite.
With no evidence to the contrary, in 2005, one gives up on such ideas at one’s peril.

MamboJoel said:
I can't understand how your anger led me to a discussion about religion : the last of my concerns.
1. Don’t flatter yourself; you were not discussing religion.
2. I was not angry in the least. Did you notice me get angry with CrazyEskimo?

MamboJoel said:
A bit of modesty could be nice. La culture, c'est comme la confiture, moins on en a, plus on l'étale.
Cet animal est très méchant. Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

MamboJoel said:
Besides, you will not deserve more answers.
You deserve one more… a line from the d’Antin manuscript:
“Dissolu typique, c’tiède homme.”

q

Moderator Action: Get back on topic, and use English (both of you), or eventually your thread might get closed.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

qazxc said:
You deserve one more… a line from the d’Antin manuscript:
“Dissolu typique, c’tiède homme.”

q

I had not intended to return to this absurd thread, but I am really baffled as to why you are quoting lines from a bizarre French transcription of "This little piggy..."

Could you please enlighten me? I do not mean to offend you, but I am currently convinced that you are mad as a hatter. This whole thread is like stumbling down the rabbit hole...

This might of been brought up already ,bit if peopel are offended with pork being on the civ menu, i wonder what the Hindu's and Buddhists think of the Cattle in civ 3?
The pigs and cattle are resources, meant to represent food and shield (hammer - man thats wierd) production + trade. If they are looked on in any other way than pottenetial resources to be exploited, then problems are going to arise. Hell, i might as well say that tabacco resource is bad, because i'm a strong believer in anti-smoking law so they should remove that resource as well. It could go on forever. they are resources and thats it - potential items to trade and make your civ stronger.

I think some decent explanations for those who wish to dispute it is

1. that the food resources represent an area with a group of biologically useful organisms best represented by a single one of those organisms (truffles and pigs and a number of other useful things in an area represented as pigs)

2. Or perhaps the pigs are used to feed the Gentiles in the city improving the overall health by allowing more kosher foods to go to the cities dominant Jewish class

3. As this is Alternate History perhaps in this world pigs chew the cud (and cows are actually ambulatory plant organisms)

4. Finally Firaxis COULD consider changing the name of those things from Food resources to Health resources (so the pigs could be hunting for truffles and clearing up garbage, the cows could be giving milk, and you could include things like cats and dogs...not as food but as rat hunters and hunting partners...a definite benefit for health)

[General unrelated point on all of those, I Hope Firaxis implements them correctly in that they only occur in one or two spots on the map at the beginning of the game and then slowly get spread around the map]

Actually, not only Judaism and Islam abhor eating pigs, also Buddhism forbades to eat any kind of meat. A Buddhist cannot kill other beings so he has to be a vegetarian and cannot for example hunt elephants for ivory... Of course even Buddhists had to go to war in history and the non-monk Buddhists weren't so strict about meat...
Anyway, religion means a lot of complication, assuming that 'pigs' just means abundant food is a good idea. I rather have simplified religions then no religions. And everything can be modded...

I will allow jewish cities only near pork resources.
Hindu near cows only.
Catholic... um... only near... um- YEAST resources where the bread is always leavened!
Buddhists I will allow NO FOOD!
Daoists will not be allowed - um... to eat with utensils! (Since they're so big into manners and court ritual)
Muslims must go nekkid and be ruled by only women.
Gay people will be the only people in the military- and they will be ANGRY gay people who hate heterosexuals of light skin color.
I will allow only WOMEN to vote! (Not that a vote will matter in my civ)
All priests must be married, or face crucifixion at the hands of gay people!

Bwahahaa...

This is SUCH A PITIFUL thread! Why is no one offended by the idea that the game allows you to pillage and kill people in mass numbers!, commit genocide, ENSLAVE people (my god that is barbaric to me), and generally commit the worst violence possible as represented by history...? Have any of you actually seen someone die violently? Or been compelled by your nation to exist in a situation where *you* are compelled (by society) to kill other people? Do you have any idea what that's like?

I mean it's a lot worse than some poor jew contemplating living near a freaking PORK ICON!

Maybe firaxis could change the names of "war" to, uh... "conflict to be decided by expenditure of resource?" They should change the word slavery to... "extremely low wage work"

If you don't want pork by your jew towns, then don't manage that resource square, or better yet do something socially acceptable to all the civ gamers- kill all the jews in the town or force them to emigrate elsewhere. Its simple.

Moderator Action: Literal examples not required - they are viewed as trolling and bashing.
This post is offense to many - warned.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

charlesolmsted said:
I had not intended to return to this absurd thread, but I am really baffled as to why you are quoting lines from a bizarre French transcription of "This little piggy..."

Could you please enlighten me? I do not mean to offend you, but I am currently convinced that you are mad as a hatter. This whole thread is like stumbling down the rabbit hole...

Enlighten you? Christ himself would have trouble with that! And, yes, you do mean to offend me.
You lost every argument and it must infuriate you, so you resort to cheap shots.
Be gone you clueless little man, and get yourself probed for little hairs. You are irrelevant…

q

Moderator Action: Don't feed the trolls. Warned for flaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom