GMR Into The Renaissance

Two brave conquistadors have set sail west with a third soon to follow. We have successfully kept the Almohads from further expanding into Europe. Now Spain is set to take land that is rightfully theirs and remove them from Europe for good.

Two brave conquistadors have set sail west with a third soon to follow. We have successfully kept the Almohads from further expanding into Europe. Now Spain is set to take land that is rightfully theirs and remove them from Europe for good.

Well done Holy Roman Emperor sire!

As an aside, how does this rule exactly work?

3. Send caravels west after researching Exploration (500 points per caravel + gold, but each subsequent caravel drops in points, source: MadDjinn)

Does everyone get 500 pts per caravel, or is it the first person who does it only?

I sent conquistadors with my civ trait. I got quite a few points but didn't add them up. I think I can still get points for caravels when I send them. You cant buy or upgrade caravels. So it will take time to build them.

So, Spain can send knight units and still get victory points? Don't you get those long before caravels? Isn't that a little unfair to the other civs? Feels like it.

So, Spain can send knight units and still get victory points? Don't you get those long before caravels? Isn't that a little unfair to the other civs? Feels like it.

Unfair? Perhaps. That said, I think its part of game balance.

If you want unfair, try the North Sea sometime :) Vatican City, Mecca, Jerusalem and, well, all the action, is a verrryyy long ways away. *sighs*

On another note...my my Mr. Khan sir, what a massive army you have o.o

You can't send them until Exploration is researched. But yeah I don't know why Spain has an ability to gain extra points beyond the normal conditions. If it wanted to follow history I should have to send caravels first then conquistadors.

You can't send them until Exploration is researched. But yeah I don't know why Spain has an ability to gain extra points beyond the normal conditions. If it wanted to follow history I should have to send caravels first then conquistadors.

About exploration, that is true. But you can build 3 knights in the time it takes someone else to build one caravel. Thats what I find weird.
Not that it matters. The map was built that way and I never intended to win this game, just play it out and see how it unfolds. It's an interesting twist that I think will give the game to you.

Maybe I should have a close look at European map to see how far it is from Black Sea to Vatican by horse, and how many cities/states connected in between.

Maybe I should have a close look at European map to see how far it is from Black Sea to Vatican by horse, and how many cities/states connected in between.

About 10-15 turns and 6 or7 states, but, why would you want to know? No furusiyya will ever get there. ;)

About 10-15 turns and 6 or7 states, but, why would you want to know? No furusiyya will ever get there. ;)

Who knows if history will be rewritten or not.

So far the Sweden looks like a trouble if the Muslim army moves to the West, but going West after taking care of Sweden may be too late.

Perhaps Swedish King could suggest something creative.

Who knows if history will be rewritten or not.

So far the Sweden looks like a trouble if the Muslim army moves to the West, but going West after taking care of Sweden may be too late.

Perhaps Swedish King could suggest something creative.
Do your soldiers have any blankets or warm clothes in order not to freeze during the campaign to the coast of North Sea? :)
It's really cold in the lands of Sweden, and it might be very difficult for the arabians, who never see snow and ice, to fight descendants of the Vikings in such a harch environment. :lol:

However, the ruler of the Ayyubids has another option.
You know the place where you should send your horsed horde to in order to win this game. ;)
There is a nice and warm weather, so your arabian warriors will fell comfortable there. They will also get an opportunity to help the brethren in the faith in their cause.

So the Ayyubids and Sweden can make peace, because our contries doesn't have any conflict of interests anymore. :)

So the Ayyubids and Sweden can make peace, because our contries doesn't have any conflict of interests anymore. :)

Your deal sounds reasonable. However, keeping in mind that we will keep many scouts near your shoreline, so any suspicious movement of your troop will alert us. Hope this peace deal lasts longer.

Do your soldiers have any blankets or warm clothes in order not to freeze during the campaign to the coast of North Sea? :)
It's really cold in the lands of Sweden, and it might be very difficult for the arabians, who never see snow and ice, to fight descendants of the Vikings in such a harch environment. :lol:

It's not THAT cold. Well, not to me it isn't. Might be worse for a kiwi.

A vote for HRE? I think that would teach them a lesson. :mischief:

Most serene Augustus, crowned by God, great and pacific empire, defender of the legacy of the Romans, governing the Roman Empire, the pious and humble parliament of the Britons and the Welsh bids you health and strength.

Byzantium has fallen; their treasures looted, their standards burnt, their women and children weeping and pious defenders sent to commune with the saints. Never again will the shattered spear of the east regain their glory. While we pray our Lord will allow us to fulfill the goals of our crusade to restore the Byzantine emperor to their throne, their time is past. It is now the time of Third Rome to raise the standard.

I believe that my fellow Monarchs of the Joint Conclave will be glad to support you for Emperor, to lead us against the heathens of the East.

However, I feel, and I believe the Joint Conclave will agree, that we need a sign of your leadership to ensure we can secure the support of our people for your continued leadership as Holy Roman Emperor. A voluntary donation of 650 gold to Byzantium to support Byzantine efforts to defeat the Muslims would gladden our hearts, and prevent us from supporting others in the upcoming HRE elections.

I will not buy your votes. Spanish gold has not helped Byzantium. Give your support to whomever you feel deserves it.

Does the last player in line get to see the voting results? I am curious about the last one. I think Austria won it. It would be fun if it could get screenshot and posted here. Although not everyone in the game uses the forum.

Spain just got a huge boost of points, you are not likely to get any point from vote.

i haven't seen the vote screen either, maybe Mongol will be able to see it.

Top Bottom