• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

Gods and Kings duel deity game : what should I do?

Flower

Warlord
Hi, I started playing Gods and Kings again a couple weeks ago and I want to beat the AI on deity level (duel map game). I haven't played this game that much as I used to be more addicted to CivRev. I would like to know which civ you would pick and what strategy would you use to beat a deity AI on a duel map. I tried going for the quick kill with the Huns but it didn't turn out well... Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
FLower

The easiest thing to do is to play a Large Islands map and rush to Frigates. It's how I got my Deity achievement. :U

As far as Pangaea goes the easiest method is still the Huns. What you want to do is explore with your Warrior and pop an upgrade ruin to get a free battering ram. There are <10 turn victories out there that won because that super early ram sniped the capital while the AI's units were out exploring.

best strategy is l2p and execute, duel is supereasy ..

Moderator Action: Please stop the trollish posts and stop acting like this is a text message. Please make yourself understood.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Take Attila, put as many CSs as you can. Its possible to take a flatland city with a single warrior upgraded into a ram...just respawn map until some luck.

Or just beeline BW and build warriors until BW and rams afterwards. It really shouldn't be an issue if you can move near the enemy civ borders before charging in.

*edit* in a recent game as Attila (deity standard Pangaea):
I took Egypt capital with just a goodie hut upgraded ram. He settled for peace offering his 3rd city. Eventually brought a built warrior over and rush-bought a second ram . Took Arabia's capital with 2 rams and a warrior (lost 1 ram) he settled for peace offering his 3rd city. That was by turn 55.

Yeah its a duel map, just rush them as fast as you can. Build scout, build troops. Once your scout finds their city, attack with everything you got.

I saw somebody who scored a duel tiny pangea victory in like 35 turns by going alexander and building hoplites, and his other UU (mounted units, can't remember what they're called) and bumrushed the other civ (incidentally france) killing a settler and barely clinching a victory by taking france's CC

Top Bottom